Tampa, FL (PRWEB) March 28, 2007
If you enjoy feasting on the fresh taste of local fare while taking in the Florida sunshine, then give yourself, family, and friends a real Florida experience by attending one of the many food festivals coming in April!
From mullet to crawfish, frog legs to sausage, mangos to kumquats, garlic to swamp cabbage, flap jacks to chocolate, and anything and everything in between, there's a festival for every taste.
"The best places to find the heart and soul of tasty Florida fare is in the multitude of local food festivals," writes Joan Steinbacher, author of "Food Fest! Your Complete Guide to Florida's Food Festivals" and who offers a free e-mail guide "Five Tips to Fabulous Fun at Food Festivals."
Besides the main attraction--scrumptious food--Florida's food festivals feature a variety of amusements and are ideal entertainment for the whole family. Eating contests are popular, as well as off-beat competitions. And there's often musical entertainment, arts and crafts, car shows, children's activities, and much more.
Florida's food festival season is in full swing. Here is a sampling of mouth-watering events coming in April 2007:
- Bonita Springs - Celebrate Bonita District Chili Cookoff (April 1)
- Leesburg - Spring Fish Fry (April 5)
- Crescent City - St. Johns River Catfish Festival (April 6-7)
- Tallahassee - Florida Wine Festival (April 12-14)
- Port Saint Joe - A Taste of the Coast An Artful Affair (April 13-14)
- Panama City - National Shrimp and Oyster Festival (April 13-15)
- Riverview - Spring Jubilee Chili Cook-off (April 14)
- Sandestin - Sandestin Wine Festival (April 19-22)
- Orlando - Rajuncajun Crawfish Festival (April 21)
- Orlando - Great American Pie Festival (April 21-22)
- Ponce Inlet - Shrimp Fest (April 21-22)
- Starke - Bradford County Strawberry Festival (April 21-22)
- Sanibel - Taste of the Islands (April 22)
- St. Augustine - An Evening with EPIC Chefs (April 26)
- Sarasota - Florida Winefest & Auction (April 26-28)
- Pompano Beach - Seafood Festival (April 27-29)
- Tampa - Bern's Winefest (April 27-30)
- Clewiston - Sugar Festival (April 28)
- Fort Lauderdale - New Times Beerfest (April 28)
- St. Augustine - A Taste of St. Augustine (April 28)
- West Palm Beach - Sweet Corn Fiesta (April 29)
- Key West - Taste of Key West (April 30)
Have fun eating your way through the month! For additional information and more events, visit the "Food Fest!" website at http://www.FoodFestGuide.com
To get your free "Five Tips to Fabulous Fun at Food Festivals" guide, open the "Contact Us" page on http://www.FoodFestGuide.com and place the words "Five Tips" in the Comments area. Or you can fax your request (toll-free) to (866) 829-8147.