Honda's Green Racing Dream Powered Online by Pipex

Share Article

Pipex is powering the online presence and connectivity for the Honda Racing F1 Team and its pioneering environmental concept for 2007.

Pipex is powering the online presence and connectivity for the Honda Racing F1 Team and its pioneering environmental concept for 2007. Ahead of the racing season, which began with the Australian Grand Prix, Pipex increased bandwidth across the Honda platform to provide continuous availability, speed, security and support.

Pipex meets the Honda Racing F1 Team's specific requirements in terms of the server data centre, which includes resiliency in areas such as power, network and firewall redundancy, and provides servers that are load-balanced for added performance. Load balancing is a priority for Honda to ensure the servers remain efficient and accessible even at the busiest times, such as at the launch of the new car or after a successful race.

Pipex provides the hosting and support for the Honda Racing F1 Team's website, http://www.HondaRacingF1.com, and the new environmental concept site http://www.myearthdream.com. Launched to coincide with the new Honda earth livery, the interactive website http://www.myearthdream.com gives visitors the opportunity to make a pledge to improve the environment and donate to an environmental fund by buying a pixel on the RA107 Formula One car. Record levels of web traffic for Honda were recorded following the launch day on 26 February.

David France, IT Director at the Honda Racing F1 Team, comments, "We continue to be impressed with the professionalism shown by the team at Pipex. They pulled out all the stops to ensure a successful web launch for the new car livery and their support will be key to keeping our web presence strong throughout the season for the media, our fans and business partners."

Maria Cappella, Managing Director, Pipex Business, says, "The Honda Racing F1 Team platform demonstrates yet another example of how Pipex Business meets the demands of fast moving and dynamic businesses. We are delighted to be working with Honda again and look forward to a successful season."

About Honda Racing F1 Team
Honda's first entry into Formula One came in 1964, less than two years after the unveiling of its first road car model. The company's first and second eras of Formula One participation (from 1964-8, and 1983-92) yielded no fewer than 71 Grand Prix wins, five consecutive Drivers' World Championships and six consecutive Constructors' World Championships.

Honda returned to grand prix racing in 2000 with the British American Racing team as its partner for the company's third generation of F1 racing operations, entering into a contract to supply engines and jointly develop chassis technology. Having taken a 45% shareholding in 2004, Honda completed its purchase of the remaining 55% from December 2005 to create the newly-renamed Honda Racing F1 Team.

About Pipex
Pipex is a multiple award-winning provider of integrated telecommunications and Internet services.

Over a million home-users, small- and medium-sized businesses and blue chip companies use Pipex for a range of business and communications needs, from broadband access through to voice calls. As the UK's largest hosting company, incorporating 123-reg and WebFusion, Pipex offers comprehensive hosting solutions, helping to keep the online world in business.

For more information, please visit http://www.pipex.com

###

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Philip Szomszor
Visit website