Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PRWEB) March 30, 2007
The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia today announced the launch of its 2007 season offering daily guided walking tours of Historic Philadelphia. Philadelphia is best seen by foot, and The Constitutional Walking Tour, Philadelphia's best sightseeing tour experience, returns and offers visitors the unique opportunity to follow in the Founding Fathers' footsteps. The Constitutional Guided Walking Tour is a 75 minute, 1.25 mile outdoor walking adventure in the Independence National Historical Park area which features many historical sites such as the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, the National Constitution Center and the Betsy Ross House. As such, The Constitutional provides Philadelphia's visitors with a primary overview of Independence National Historical Park which enables them to decide which sites and attractions to visit in more depth during their stay. Come see why the Chicago Tribune has stated, "No visit to Philadelphia is complete without taking a Constitutional Guided Walking Tour, a 75-minute, mile and a quarter stroll that puts 15 historic sites, from Independence Hall to the National Constitution Center, and Ben Franklin, in perspective."
Philadelphia's Best Sightseeing Tour
Join The Constitutional for an escorted, family-friendly journey through America's Most Historic Square Mile and see where The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States were created:
- See Independence National Historical Park in High-Def - Taking The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia gets visitors up close and personal with a high-definition historical experience. Philadelphia is best seen by foot, and as such, The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia is the best way to explore Historic Philadelphia, taking you behind the scenes to the places where other tour operators cannot venture.
- Go Green & Take Philadelphia's Most Eco-Friendly Tour - The Constitutional Walking Tour only uses renewable sources of energy by exercising visitors' rights to walk through Independence National Historical Park. In addition to not polluting the environment, The Constitutional helps visitors burn off calories from their Philadelphia Cheesesteak and soft pretzel experience. Plus, The Constitutional is "green-friendly" when it comes to visitors' wallets in comparison to many other tours.
"The Constitutional is Philadelphia's quintessential visitor experience," stated Jonathan Bari, Chairman of The Constitutional Walking Tour. "Whether visitors want to tour Historic Philadelphia with a live guide, or on their own schedule with their cell phone or MP3 player, we offer tours for every type of audience."
Daily Guided Tours - Weekends in the Spring & Fall; Daily - All Summer Long
The Constitutional Guided Walking Tour is Philadelphia's only walking tour that is offered daily (from Memorial Day through Labor Day) with frequent departures throughout the day. The guided tour:
- Visits more than 20 of the most popular historic sites and attractions such as the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, the National Constitution Center and Betsy Ross House;
- Showcases scenes from the movies the Shooter and National Treasure;
- Provides a 75 minute outdoor walking adventure on a 1.25 mile tour;
- Has been named "Top 25 Philadelphia Tourist Attraction" by The Philadelphia Business Journal in 2004 and 2005;
- Is offered 7 days a week from Memorial Day through Labor Day (Saturday, May 26, 2006 through Monday, September 3, 2006), and weekends in Spring and Fall, with frequent departures throughout the day from the Independence Visitor Center (at 6th & Market Streets);
- Costs $17.50 per adult, $12.50 per child, ages 3-12. NEW FOR 2007 - $55.00 for Family Four Pack (2 adults, 2 children ages 3-12)* - A $5.00 Savings!
The Constitutional Walking Tour also offers:
- Group rates are available for parties of 25 or more - group tours and school/camp field trips are available year-round with advance reservations;
- Private VIP Tours for discerning travelers with as well as custom tours for parties of any size with advance reservations;
- Tours in a variety of languages with advance reservations.
Tickets can be purchased:
1) online at http://www.PhillyWalk.com,
2) by calling 215.525.1776,
3) in person at the Independence Visitor Center at 6th & Market Streets in Philadelphia,
4) in person at the National Constitution Center at 5th & Arch Streets in Philadelphia.
Featuring Historic Philadelphia Tour Offerings - Something for Everyone
Additionally, The Constitutional's 2007 season includes many new and exciting offerings including:
- VIP Tours - For a once-in-a-lifetime experience, VIP Tours enable the discerning traveler to customize their own luxury tour package with a private guide, arranged at their convenience with other exclusive benefits. With time being the rarest of all luxuries, The Constitutional's VIP Tour Program has been very well received by discerning travelers who wish to tour at their own pace, on their own schedule and without the crowds - accompanied by a professionally trained guide with an insider's Philadelphia perspective. VIP Tours can be arranged year-round. For more information, see http://www.PhillyVIPtours.com .
- Philly MP3 Audio Tour - With its patriotic music, creative sound effects and entertaining storytellers, the Philly MP3 Audio Tour uses modern day technology to allow visitors to step back in time to a day and age long before MP3 Players and walk in the Founding Fathers' footsteps with their iPod! The price is $14.99, and the Philly MP3 Audio Tour can be purchased and downloaded online at http://www.PhillyMP3.com. A free preview is available at http://www.PhillyMP3.com/sample.
- Cell Phone Tour - Philadelphia's first Cell Phone Tour is just a call away- a new way to explore the city at your convenience - all you need is a cell phone! Call 215-229-TOUR (8687) or visit http://www.PhillyByPhone.com.
- Summer Group Tour Outings & Team Building Events - The Constitutional is great for team building, summer corporate outings, special events, and client entertainment. Private and group tours can be arranged for almost anytime - weekday or weekend, day or evening. From scavenger hunts and historic toasts, we work closely with each client to create the most enjoyable "Constitutional" experience possible. For more information, visit http://www.theconstitutional.com/groups.
- Constitutional Campers - The Constitutional offers entertaining and informative tours, for campers and chaperones alike. For more information, visit http://www.theconstitutional.com/camps .
- Stroller Tours - Take a special stroll through history! Join The Constitutional every Saturday at 10AM this summer for a kid-friendly Stroller Tour - children in strollers tour FREE when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Free Self-Guided Tours - Visitors can take The Constitutional's free self-guided tour and experience 33 historic sites along a 3.3 mile outdoor walking adventure. For more information, visit http://www.theconstitutional.com/tour .
Promotional Offers & Experiences
- From King Tut to King George - In just one day in Philadelphia, you can travel through time and experience the treasures of Tutankhamun and the Golden Age of the Pharaohs, and then walk in the Founding Fathers' footsteps in Historic Philadelphia and learn how these brave men declared America's independence from King George III and the British Crown. See King Tut's treasures at the Franklin Institute and then see Philadelphia's treasures - the quintessential icons of American freedom including the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. If visitors show their same day ticket stub from the Tut Exhibit, they can receive $2.00 off a ticket for The Constitutional Guided Walking Tour. See http://www.TheConstitutional.com/kingtut .
- National Constitution Center - Visitors can receive $1.00 off admission to the National Constitution Center by showing their same day ticket stub from The Constitutional at the Constitution Center box office.
- Lights of Liberty - Visitors can receive $3.00 off the Lights of Liberty Show by showing their same day ticket stub from The Constitutional Guided Walking Tour.
- Philadelphia Trolley Works & The Big Bus Double Decker Tour Combo Package - Your Ticket to Ride & Walk. Enjoy Philadelphia's attractions with your 24 hour pass for a Philadelphia Trolley Works' Victorian Trolley or Double Decker Bus, then exercise your right to explore by taking The Constitutional. The Adult Combination Package costs $40.00 (a savings of $4.50) and The Child Combo costs $20.00 (a savings of $2.50). Visit http://www.PhillyWalk.com for more information.
For details on all of these discounts and other partner offers, please see http://www.TheConstitutional.com/events.
The Constitutional's Independence Immersion Training Program
In order to provide the optimal visitor experience, The Constitutional's knowledgeable and friendly tour guides have been specially trained by The Constitutional's "Independence Immersion" program, an intensive and fun curriculum focusing on Philadelphia history, American history and local tourist attractions, as well as best practices in public speaking, storytelling, customer service, hospitality and visitor experience. The Constitutional's guides bring Philadelphia's history alive.
About The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia
The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia takes visitors on a walking journey through America's Most Historic Square Mile, the birthplace of our nation - "Where Every Day is Independence Day!"™ Located in Center City Philadelphia, The Constitutional includes many sites within the Independence National Historical Park area, which is home to the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. The Constitutional guides visitors on a walk through history where The Declaration of Independence and The United States Constitution were created. The Constitutional is one of Philadelphia's "Top 25 Tourist Attractions" as ranked by the Philadelphia Business Journal and one of the leading providers of School Field Trips of Historic Philadelphia. Visitors can experience The Constitutional: 1) on their own as a free, self-guided walking tour, 2) with a lively tour guide for a fee, 3) with the Philly MP3 Audio Tour or 4) via the Constitutional Cell Phone Tour by calling 215-229-TOUR (8687). For more information on The Constitutional's self-guided tours, guided tours, field trips, private tours, VIP tours and audio tours, please visit http://www.TheConstitutional.com. Guided and audio tours are offered by The Constitutional Guided Walking Tours, LLC which is a licensee of The Constitutional Foundation, Inc. d/b/a The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia; a portion of the proceeds from all guided and audio tour fees benefits The Constitutional Foundation and its free self-guided tour.
EDITOR'S NOTES - For Travel and Education media, please visit The Constitutional's various online resources:
- High-resolution Photographs of Historic Philadelphia are available for media usage at:
- Story Ideas on The Constitutional Walking Tour, Historic Philadelphia and Heritage Tourism are available for media usage at:
- By the Numbers statistics on The Constitutional Walking Tour and Historic Philadelphia are available for media usage at: