Santa Clara, CA (PRWEB) April 2, 2007
A new complimentary guide from ERATE offers home buyers helpful insider tips about everything from understanding the loan pre-approval process to how to work with real estate agents.
ERATE's "Home Buying Guide" is available at no cost at its website:
"We want consumers to be as informed as possible when they're making personal financial decisions," said Jeff Howard, CEO of ERATE (http://www.erate.com). "Our straightforward guide covers a wide range of concerns they'll face with lenders and real estate agents."
Home buyers can learn a great deal from the guide, including:
- Understanding the difference between "pre-qualification" and "pre-approval
- Determining whether you are ready and able to purchase a home
- Insights into underwriting
- How to select and work with a real estate agent
- How real estate agents work
- Potential conflicts of interests to watch out for
- How negotiating a purchase involves more than just price
- How to choose a lender
- Distinguishing between banks, mortgage bankers and mortgage lenders
- Potential benefits of applying with more than one lender
The guide also includes links to many other financial resources ERATE has to offer.
ERATE (http://www.erate.com) is comprised of experts within the mortgage loan industry. The founders have over 40 years of loan origination experience. In 1992 Loan World, which became part of ERATE when it merged with Progressive Capital in 2000, was the first mortgage lender to originate a mortgage over the Internet and in 1994 created the first online loan application.
ERATE is licensed with the California Department of Real Estate as a California Broker (DRE Lic. #01292265). ERATE is approved with many wholesale mortgage lenders and banks throughout the country; these lenders provide their best rates to compete with one another throughout our network.