We are grateful for the dedication of these industry leaders and for the support of the hundreds of companies that have joined WOMMA
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) April 2, 2007
The Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) is pleased to announce the newly-elected members of its Board of Directors, who will begin their terms on April 15, 2007.
WOMMA's Board includes major brands, marketers, agencies, researchers, word of mouth specialty firms, and top experts. It represents the wide diversity of companies that have embraced the consumer-driven power of word of mouth marketing.
WOMMA is an amazing success story, thanks to the hard work of its members. Founded in 2004 as a vehicle for change within the worlds of advertising, PR, and marketing, WOMMA was started with just three members. Today it has nearly 400.
WOMMA's growth parallels the maturation of the entire word of mouth marketing industry. According to Inc. Magazine, 82 percent of Inc. 500 CEOs now use word of mouth marketing. WOMMA's Board of Directors is committed to one day raising that number to 100 percent.
"We are grateful for the dedication of these industry leaders and for the support of the hundreds of companies that have joined WOMMA," said WOMMA Executive Director Susan Tibbitts. "Their leadership and commitment will ensure that WOMMA continues to be the voice of ethical responsibility for the growing word of mouth marketing industry."
WOMMA's new Directors are:
- John Bell, Managing Director/Executive Creative Director, 360 Digital Influence, Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide
- Idil Cakim, Vice President, Interactive Media, GolinHarris (Incumbent)
- Sam Decker, Vice President, Marketing and Products, Bazaarvoice
- Virginia Miracle, Director, Word of Mouth Marketing, Brains on Fire (Incumbent)
- Paul Rand, Partner, Global Chief Development and Innovation Officer, Ketchum Communications (Incumbent)
- Julie Wittes Schlack, Vice President, Innovation and Design, Communispace Corporation
- Laura Shuler, Chief Strategy Officer, President (U.S.), Jack Morton Worldwide
- Scott K. Wilder, General Manager, Online Communities, Intuit (Incumbent)
They will join the following Directors, who are currently serving on the Board:
- Dave Balter, CEO, BzzAgent
- Pete Blackshaw, CMO, Nielsen BuzzMetrics
- Ed Keller, CEO, The Keller Fay Group
- Rick Murray, President, me2revolution, Edelman
- Jim Nail, Chief Strategy and Marketing Officer, TNS Media Intelligence/Cymfony
- Gary Spangler, E-Business Leader, Electronics and Communications Platform, DuPont
- Jamie Tedford, SVP, Marketing and Media Innovation, Arnold Worldwide
WOMMA is the official trade association for the word of mouth marketing industry. Our more than 350 corporate members are committed to building a prosperous word of mouth marketing profession based on best practices, measurable ROI, and ethical leadership. Learn more about us at http://www.womma.org.