Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) April 4, 2007
In preparation for the summer backpacking season and fall study abroad, Lessno.com today offered college students across the country tips on booking travel plans in Europe. Lessno.com is a new discount travel website that specializes in fair fares for students. It does this by utilizing the most innovative new search technology, a friendlier interface and special relationships with airlines that fly to continental Europe.
According to the European Travel Commission, the youth market accounts for 20 percent of global travel. In the U.S., most colleges and universities offer travel abroad programs to continental Europe. In fact, in 2006, more than 200,000 American students studied abroad, an eight percent increase over 2005.
To help college students prepare for summer backpacking and fall study abroad, Lessno.com has developed the following set of tips for travel planning:
1. Keep Travel Dates Flexible: By being open to travel during a range of dates as opposed to specific dates, students can take advantage of airlines deals for times that flights are only partially booked. Some travel websites offer students the option of searching more than date at once, saving them time and effort.
2. Book Many Legs of a Trip at Once: If you're planning to visit many different locations, book them all at once. One-way flights can be expensive if the website you're using doesn't enable you to get the best prices for multiple destinations.
3. Use Frequent Flier Programs for Free Travel: Frequent flier programs can be a students' best friend, especially when traveling on a budget. Make sure the website you use to book travel helps you capture and access your points or miles for all airlines so that you can be eligible for free travel down the road.
4. Choose a Travel Website that Specializes in Your Destination: Most U.S. travel websites don't take advantage of discount airlines in other countries. Ensure that the website you use offers flights on European airlines like Easy Jet.
5. Book Travel with Friends: Traveling with a friend or two across Europe can be one of the most memorable experiences of a lifetime. Don't search for and book travel separately, hoping you can get on the same flight and sit near each other. Use a website that enables you to book more than one flight and use more than one credit card to pay.
"While a terrific resource for those with a specific trip in mind, Lessno.com is also ideal for students backpacking across Europe, who want to see as much as they can in many different countries," said Stanley Gyoshev, co-founder of Lessno.com. "Let's say you'd like to plan a vacation to Western Europe for a week in July. You want to visit Prague, Barcelona and Rome. Lessno.com works with intra-Europe airlines to get you the best prices on one-way flights that are booked all at once."
Lessno.com is currently online and all features are immediately available to users.
Lessno.com is a joint venture of the Smart Travel Network and EZsearch. The company was founded as an independent discount travel website to offer fair fares to travelers. The experience of Smart Travel allows the company to negotiate special discounts directly with a number of airline partners and offer unbeatable airfares to the most loyal customers. The proprietary search technology of EZsearch makes finding these airfares fast and simple and saves customers time and money. For more information on Lessno.com, visit our website at http://www.lessno.com.