Lehigh Valley, Pa. (PRWEB) April 3, 2007
Warmer weather, sunnier days and changing clocks signal the start of spring and golf season for aficionados throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region. But these indicators also signal the return of Lehigh Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau’s popular Stay ‘N Play travel packages.
The affordable Stay ‘N Play packages include overnight accommodations at one of six area hotels, breakfast and 18 holes of golf including greens fee, cart and taxes at one of seven participating golf courses. Mid-week and weekend package rates start at $124 per person, per night, based on double occupancy. Surcharges apply to some courses. Packages are available March through December 2007 (weather permitting).
The Lehigh Valley is home to world-class golf courses, several of which have received four or more stars in Golf Digest Places to Play 2007 rankings. The courses participating in this year’s Stay ‘N Play packages are:
- Allentown Municipal Golf Course, Allentown – allentownpa.org
- The Architects Golf Club, Phillipsburg, NJ – thearchitectsclub.com
- Center Valley Club, Center Valley – centervalleygolf.com
- The Club at Morgan Hill, Easton – theclubatmorganhill.com
- Olde Homestead Golf Club, New Tripoli – oldhomesteadgolfclub.com
- Riverview Country Club, Easton – riverviewcountryclub.com
- Southmoore Golf Course, Bath – southmooregolf.com
Golfers can book Stay ‘N Play packages by contacting one of the participating hotels below:
- Best Western Allentown Inn & Suites, Allentown – (610) 530-5545
- Four Points Sheraton Hotel & Suites Lehigh Valley, Allentown - (610) 266-1000
- Hilton Garden Inn Allentown Airport Allentown – (610) 443-1400
- Historic Hotel Bethlehem, Bethlehem – (610) 625-5000
- Holiday Inn Conference Center, Breinigsville – (610) 391-1000
- Staybridge Suites Allentown Airport, Allentown - (610) 443-5000
Travelers can request a free Stay ‘N Play golf brochure by calling 1-800-747-0561 or logging onto http://www.lehighvalleypa.org. Each brochure includes a map of the area which denotes the locations of participating golf courses and hotels, and listings of each course’s yardage, rating, slope and par.
The Lehigh Valley is located in eastern Pennsylvania and is a one hour drive north of Philadelphia and one and half hours west of New York City. It is easily reached via Interstates 78 and 476 and U.S. Route 22.
The Lehigh Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau is the designated tourist promotion agency of Lehigh and Northampton counties. Its mission is to develop and promote the Lehigh Valley as a leisure destination and as a destination for meetings and conventions for the area’s economic benefit. For more information on LVCVB or to request a 2007 Lehigh Valley Map & Guide, call (800) 747-0561 or visit the official tourism web site of the Lehigh Valley at http://www.lehighvalleypa.org.
For more information, please contact:
Tracey Werner, Director of PR (610) 973-3819
# # #