If implemented effectively, workforce planning can ultimately drive an organization's strategy, operational planning processes, and structure
Denver, CO (PRWEB) April 10, 2007
WisdomNet, a leading provider of technology and consulting solutions for government and Fortune 1000 companies, today released a new white paper that addresses the need for organizations to step beyond capacity planning into a workforce planning initiative that will provide both short- and long-term benefits to the organization. A complete copy of the white paper can be downloaded at http://www.wisdomnet.net.
Authored by WisdomNet CEO Brian Wilkerson and Senior Consultant Kathy Nixon, "Advanced Workforce Planning: The New Core Process for Making Strategy a Reality" provides an in-depth look at how organizations can tie their workforce strategies to their business strategies. The white paper:
- Discusses how workforce planning can immediately provide business value
- Outlines the key aspects of organizational capacity planning and illustrates how these methods will not be sufficient in helping businesses sustain their current operations (much less grow)
- Discusses the key aspects of workforce planning and how it can help organizations not only sustain, but also increase, performance
- Demonstrates the range of workforce planning benefits to business performance through three case examples
"After years of sustaining or increasing business productivity, organizational leaders are now faced with one of the most complex labor marketplaces in recent history," notes Wilkerson. "Effective workforce planning can help organizations determine if a growth plan can be achieved, what it will take to achieve it, and the alternatives available for meeting talent needs."
WisdomNet's proprietary model for Workforce Planning, Workforce Impact™, was created to assist companies with:
- Optimizing their current workforce
- Illustrating appropriate contingent labor strategies
- Determining future workforce needs and gaps
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement, automation, outsourcing, and organizational changes
- Providing a disciplined approach to melding business needs with process architecture and required results
"If implemented effectively, workforce planning can ultimately drive an organization's strategy, operational planning processes, and structure," Wilkerson continues, "Ultimately, workforce planning puts in place a critical element that has been missing from most business planning – the people side of the equation. By analyzing empirical data, an organization can not only determine how much it will cost (in concrete terms) to achieve a particular strategy, but also if that strategy is even feasible from a resource perspective."
To learn more about WisdomNet's consulting and technology solutions, including Workforce Impact™, go to http://www.wisdomnet.net.
About WisdomNet, Inc.
WisdomNet has built a reputation for innovative and appropriate solutions and an unparalleled level of expertise. Our track record of results and our technology innovations have made us a fast growing government and corporate solutions provider. Our software products include I-TMS(TM) for Talent Management and Workforce Impact(TM) for leading edge Workforce Planning.
This press release was distributed through eMediawire by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: http://www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.