Winning the prestigious Medical Design Excellence Award is a tribute to our design development firm
Langhorne PA (PRWEB) April 10, 2007
Definitive Design, Inc., a division of Paramount Industries, has been selected as a winner in the 2007 Medical Design Excellence Awards competition sponsored by Medical Design & Manufacturing magazine.
The award to Definitive Design was for design and engineering of an innovative new product, the “Pilot” Walker, which offers revolutionary features to enhance mobility to physically impaired patients. Definitive was one of only 35 firms selected from entries worldwide for the 2007 Medical Design Excellence Award.
Definitive’s team of designers and engineers provided comprehensive services in the development of the Pilot Walker, from market research to product design and prototype development through manufacturing and trouble-shooting. The development path comprised 10 principal steps:
- Market research on competitive products
- Consultation with physical therapists to identify patient mobility needs
- Development of new features concepts
- Design of a variety of new attachable accessories
- Preparation of form study models
- 3D CAD engineering including FEA to analyze product safety criteria/rating
- Optimization of design for efficient/economical off-shore manufacturing
- Creation of the physical prototype and analysis to verify functionality
- Development of packaging specification for shipping
- Management of all engineering documentation for off-shore manufacturing.
“Winning the prestigious Medical Design Excellence Award is a tribute to our design development firm,” said Craig Hidalgo, President of Definitive Design. “Accolades from our professional peers motivates our entire team, and in this case knowing that the product we have defined will help so many people in need is an award in itself,” he said.
Four patents were issued for unique features of the walker and other Pilot products, while three additional patents are pending.
The Pilot Walker has been cited for being more advanced than any other product on the market, in terms of both looks and features, and is now selling nationwide.
Definitive Design provides comprehensive design and engineering services to leading companies in key industries. In addition to medical, the firm serves a diversified clientele in a variety of consumer and industrial electronics applications. Through its affiliate Paramount PDS, it offers links to advanced rapid prototyping, rapid tooling, rapid digital manufacturing and off-shore production and assembly. For complete information: http://www.definitive-design.com.