Chicago, IL (PRWEB) April 12, 2007
To recognize Equal Pay Day, the American Association of University Women-Illinois, Inc. (AAUW-IL, Inc.) and DuPage Association of Women Lawyers (DAWL) will sponsor an event at the IIT Rice Campus, Tuesday April 24, 2007, from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. The Rice Campus is located at 201 East Loop Road, Wheaton, Illinois (for directions see http://www.rice.iit.edu/directions.html).
Equal Pay Day is observed in April to indicate how far into each year a woman must work to earn as much as a man earned in the previous year. Recent data show that women continue to earn only 77 cents on the dollar compared to their male counterparts, in effect working four extra months per year to match men's earnings. With prominent speakers and discussions, this event will attempt to find solutions and resources for women.
- Jennifer Wilken, Director-at-large, AAUW Educational Foundation and Financial Advisor with Edward Jones:
- Implications of Pay Inequities for Women's Retirement
- Who is Working on This Issue and How People Can Get Involved
- Marti J. Sladek, Employment Attorney
- State and Federal Equal Pay Acts
- Equal Pay or Comparable Worth?
- Vickie Austin, Founder, CHOICES Worldwide (business, executive, career coaching)
- Show me the Money! Negotiating Your Way to Pay Equity
For interviews with Jennifer Wilken, and to receive more information on pay equity, contact her at (630) 435-5432.
RSVP to Ms. Wilken -- admission is free, but seating is limited. Refreshments will be served.
# # #