We've designed the Institute to encourage a closer relationship between these two critical functions. All activities and projects have been designed with this in mind.
Bristol, PA (PRWEB) April 12, 2007
Today's marketing-savvy teenagers are revolutionizing the way colleges recruit students, requiring two-way communication, authentic experiences and compelling stories.
To help schools make the transition to more interactive, experiential and credible communications, recruiting firm TargetX is offering a unique workshop for admissions and marketing officers.
InstituteNEXT will be held July 19th and 20th in Chicago's Intercontinental Hotel and the adjacent Gleacher Center of the University of Chicago.
"We call it InstituteNEXT because it represents the next generation of workshops," explained TargetX CEO Brian Wm. Niles. "It will be more active, more experiential and more results-oriented than any student-recruiting event ever offered."
Perhaps most important of all, said Niles, admissions and marketing colleagues from the same school will be required to attend as a two-person team -- working and progressing together.
"Increasingly, admissions and marketing people need to work closely together," said Niles. "We've designed the Institute to encourage a closer relationship between these two critical functions. All activities and projects have been designed with this in mind."
Other unique aspects of the Institute include:
- A half-day excursion to groundbreaking companies outside higher education that will provide participants with new ideas for marketing their institutions to today's demanding consumers.
- Pre-event homework and learning experiences that will become part of the educational content of the Institute.
- A hands-on approach to the sessions that will enable attendees to begin implementing ideas and changes before they leave the Institute.
- Use of a special TargetX online community network so participants can share ideas, participate in surveys and work on projects before, during and after the event.
The overriding theme of InstituteNEXT is Rethink...Experience...Act. "It's not Listen...Take Notes...Go Home," said Niles, "which could easily be the theme of conventional workshops and conferences we're all used to attending."
Even the structure of the content will be handled differently from conventional workshops, explained Jeff Kallay, Experience Evangelist at TargetX and an InstituteNEXT organizer. "It will be less topic driven and more sequential," he said, "built around the two most important influencers in a student's application decision -- the college's website experience and the campus visit experience."
Some of the specific subjects that will be covered include:
- Finding and telling your college stories
- Understanding and using Web 2.0
- Sharing control of your content with prospective students
- Staging compelling campus visits
- Reexamining the role of publications
- Redistributing the money in your budget
- Creating a new type of communication plan
- Evaluating the skills of your staff in light of the recruiting revolution
For more information on InstituteNEXT, call 877-715-7474, ext. 101, or visit: http://www.institutenext.com
TargetX is the leading provider of interactive recruiting solutions to higher education, helping 450 colleges recognize and repair the disconnect between the way they market themselves and the way today's students seek information.
The company offers communications planning, creative services and proprietary technology, including the most powerful email broadcasting and online chat tools in the industry.
In recent years, TargetX has also developed a reputation for objective and expert counsel, offering a popular series of workshops and seminars, presenting at dozens of conferences around the country, producing a weekly newsletter of tips and trends, and generating the only podcast devoted to student recruiting.
# # #