Mtn View, CA (PRWEB) April 19, 2007
The WTRS Wireless Connectivity Technology Trends Report examines the market potential, effectiveness of existing technologies and components, global & regional market trends & forecasts, outstanding regulatory issues, progress of de facto standards development, regional economic effects, and strategic developments of market makers. The report includes a thorough evaluation of emerging "Wireless Connectivity" technologies including applications of Bluetooth, millimeter wave wireless, UWB, and IEEE 802.11n.
"The Bluetooth SIG continues to evolve by incorporating first UWB, and now WiFi as alternative underlying radio protocols," says Dr Kirsten West, Principal Analyst of WTRS. "Should these new initiatives within the Bluetooth SIG prevail, they also significantly impact the overall market potential of pure UWB or WiFi and extend the reach of these technologies into nearly every consumer product."
The Wireless Connectivity Technology Trends Report WTRS uncovers:
(1) The addition and integration of WiFi to Bluetooth and its potential to enable WiFi to penetrate the mobile phone market more strongly.
(2) The pre-802.11n standard end product market will be regulated by a WiFi Alliance-run, pre-n interoperability certification program.
(3) Analysis of Wireless Connectivity use cases, by technology
(4) An analysis of the emergence of WirelessHD and the underlying SiBeam technology.
(5) Wireless Connectivity market makers.
(6) The few Certified Wireless USB radio chipset companies who are capable of addressing the regulatory requirements of the global market.
(7) The regulatory influences on the productization of Certified Wireless USB.
(8) Metro WiFi as a stimulant of general end-user wireless adoption.
(9) Analysis of the Certified Wireless USB I/F, WiMedia Alliance, Homeplug Alliance, UWB Forum, Bluetooth SiG, WiFi Alliance, and WirelessHD.
Wireless Connectivity is the mechanism for utilizing wireless technologies as the underlying platform to deploy networks for data and multimedia content delivery over distances confined to 30 meters. Examples of technologies and protocols included in the "Wireless Connectivity" area are applications of Bluetooth, UWB (including DS-UWB from GiT and others, CW-UWB from PulseLink, and MB-OFDM UWB from the WiMedia Alliance), millimeter wave wireless from
SiBeam, Homeplug, the IEEE 802.11 family and IEEE 802.11n.
Using only publicly available information, meticulously gathered from public patent sources, filing information, court activities and other research this report is truly an invaluable resource for any company participating in the Bluetooth, WiFi, WirelessHD, or Certified Wireless USB standards, or planning a potential entry into this market.
For more information, contact: http://www.wtrs.net
George West, Senior Analyst
MORE INFORMATION ON THIS RESEARCH
Title: "WTRS Wireless Connectivity Technology Trends Report, Issue Q2, 2007"
Product Number: WT041207WCCY
Publication Date: April 2007
Number of Pages: 51
West Technology Research Solutions, LLC (WTRS) is an independent market research and consulting company with 8 years in wireless research specializing in Insteon, ZigBee, UWB, Bluetooth, WiMAX, IEEE 802.15.4, Wi-Fi, and other emerging wireless technologies and protocols. WTRS helps companies track the market potential & viability of wireless emerging technologies. WTRS reports are not funded by, or in any other way influenced by, companies which we study. WTRS market research and consulting services provide customers with the information they need to assess market opportunities, evaluate investments, monitor competition, form relationships, and make crucial business decisions in following cutting-edge technologies. WTRS customers range from start-ups, some still in development, to the largest and most prominent players in technology. All have an interest in market intelligence that aids them in making crucial business decisions.