Alpharetta, GA (PRWEB) April 16, 2007
The Family Assistance Foundation will conduct a two-day workshop for emergency responders at the Naples Community Hospital in Naples, Florida on May 15th-16th. The workshop is co-sponsored by Naples Community Hospital, Naples Municipal Airport, Collier County Health Department, and The Florida Department of Health.
The two-day program on disaster response and family assistance has been developed to provide emergency responders and support personnel with practical, hands-on information. Participants will gain a better understanding of the overall process for responding to disasters in a local community. The workshop will also give participants insight into the latest research in Human Services Response, and how this information can be applied to provide the best possible support to survivors, families, employees and others.
"Assumptions can get the best of organizations that are mobilized to respond to emergencies and disasters in local communities," said Jeff Morgan co-founder of the Family Assistance Foundation. "This workshop has been created to help ensure a comprehensive, integrated approach to the multi-agency response effort," Morgan adds. "Hearing first hand from those who have been involved in a variety of emergency and crisis situations adds tremendous value to the workshop."
The Foundation promotes a multi-disciplined, comprehensive approach to emergency response efforts. Speakers and facilitators at the workshop will discuss best practices, with an emphasis on how these efforts can be improved. Topics addressed at the workshop include:
- Integrating your Organization's Plan: How to integrate an organizations plan with local, state and Federal plans by understanding requirements of each.
- Maintaining Control and Maximizing Resources: The success of any response involves close coordination of the many areas involved in a response, such as family reception centers, survivor reception centers, and other emergency operations centers.
- Crisis Communications: A coordinated communications plan is a necessity. Addressing the vulnerabilities on the front lines, and seamless coordination with communications policies is vital, but in reality frequently overlooked
- Post Traumatic Growth: Current findings as to what factors are associated with best results for long-term healing and recovery from disaster.
- Integrating the Trauma: Passenger and family survivors of terrorist attacks, a water taxi accident, and air disasters will share their views about the vital role helpers have in their short and long term survival.
- Resilience for Responders: Those who have responded to multiple tragedies will provide insight into coping strategies as well as suggestions for management of stress associated with mass casualty disasters.
Registration information is available on-line or detailed information, including information about CEC eligibility, can be downloaded at http://www.fafonline.org. You may also contact Kim Bennett for more information at 770-753-6416.
About the Family Assistance Foundation, Inc.
The Family Assistance Foundation, Inc. is an independent non-profit corporation founded in 2000 for the purpose of empowering people following tragedy. Our mission is to support and improve business and industry responses to emergencies and disasters. The Foundation takes a unique, research-based approach to helping organizations successfully meet survivor's (customers, affected families, employees, any member of the public impacted) needs by coordinating and mobilizing resources during the acute phase of a crisis and beyond. The Foundation's annual symposium provides member organizations, as well as survivors, the opportunity to share lessons learned and information about how to continually improve response efforts and business practices. Foundation education and training programs support members by monitoring the long-term outcomes of those impacted by tragedy. Promoting awareness and building skills and knowledge for those who are charged with responding are crucial elements of the Foundation's fully integrated training and support programs for business and industry.
# # #