We are a green company that actively supports the long term sustenance of our natural resources by example
Toronto, CA (PRWEB) April 17, 2007
Earth Day is the time for raising awareness of environmental factor, good and bad. Education is key in making informed decisions that affect the future of our planet, and inevitably our future generations.
"We are a green company that actively supports the long term sustenance of our natural resources by example" said Farida Mirkalami, Executive Vice President of Rugman.com. "There are so many overlooked benefits to owning a one-of-a-kind Persian rug other than their obvious durability and simplistic beauty. You may already be aware that these hand-made rugs do not incorporate any machine process, are made from natural dyes and can take days, months and even years to complete but it's what you don't know about their synthetic counterparts that will shock you."
Here 5 facts on the differences between Persian rugs and synthetic carpeting:
1. Every year approximately 4 billion pounds of carpet are discarded in the US.
Persian Rug Benefit: These heirloom quality rugs increase in value as they age and are handed down generation to generation rather than discarded.
2. New carpet can be a source of chemical emissions responsible for a variety of symptoms such as eye, nose throat irritation, headaches, and shortness of breath. This can be especially dangerous for newborns and the elderly.
Persian Rug Benefit: These wool rugs are non-toxic and purify indoor air of common contaminants like formaldehyde, nitrogen dioxide and sulfur dioxide by locking the contaminants deep in the core of the fiber. Wool carpets continually purify indoor air for up to 30 years.
3. Carpets can be linked to a number of respiratory problems such as asthma and allergies; this is attributable to, in part, mold, mildew spores, pet hair, and dander, out-gassing from synthetic fibers.
Persian Rug Benefit: These hand-knotted rugs are non-allergenic and will not support bacterial growth.
4. Synthetic fibers used for carpets tend to melt rather than flame therefore leading to severe burns if skin contact is made as well as polluting the air with its chemicals emissions.
Persian Rug Benefit: Naturally flame resistant these wool rugs have a high moisture and protein content making them difficult to ignite initially and self-extinguishing once the flame source has been removed.
5. There are no benefits to synthetic carpets and their ability to heat or cool a room.
Persian Rug Benefit: The Persian rug has is a natural source for sound proofing, used often in apartments and recording studios. It can absorb up to 30% of its own weight in water vapor without feeling wet and than release or retain this moisture keeping you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
This is not a hard-sell tactic; it's not a strong-arm maneuver - just facts. Armed with this knowledge you can make an informed decision that will make a direct and immediate contribution to the well being of your family, and future generations. Guilt-free and smiling why would you choose anything else?
Rugman.com is a marketplace leader in online Persian and Oriental rugs and has operations in both the United States and Canada. Born of a third generation Persian Rugs import/export business, the rugman.com mission is to provide authentic, high quality, handcrafted area rugs and to provide unsurpassed service and experience. Rugman.com Persian rugs are unique, authentic imported treasures that withstand the test of time. Visit rugman.com.