(PRWEB) April 18, 2007
Betfair Poker is offering its customers the opportunity to win "Passport Stamps" which can be used to buy into any live poker event in the world.
The unique Betfair Poker Passport Stamps are up for grabs in weekly satellite tournaments starting from $5.50.
Each stamp is worth $3,000 and offers unrivaled flexibility and choice. Players can either use the stamp to buy into local tournaments, which would normally be too expensive, or accumulate stamps in order to challenge for higher buy-in events such as the World Series of Poker.
Players can even choose how to spend the value of the Passport Stamp. The full sum can be spent on the buy-in or the costs of flights and/or accommodation can be included.
"This satellite structure puts our customers in the driving seat," said Betfair's Head of Poker Ben Fried. "The Passports, combined with the Threedom Pass, give our live event offering the best value and flexibility in the industry."
Hans Vogl, who made the final table at both the Betfair Asian Poker Tour and the Aussie Millions, is one of the exclusive Threedom Pass club. "With the Threedom Pass and the Poker Passport I don't know why anyone would want to qualify anywhere else.
"You can pick and choose your events and if you do well Betfair will sponsor you in for three years."
Betfair Poker will continue to offer traditional satellites to tournaments worldwide.
Notes to editors:
1. The weekly Passport Stamp satellite final takes place on Sundays at 2145. The buy-in is $150+$15. Satellites start at $5.50.
2. At least one Betfair Poker Passport Stamp is guaranteed every week.
3. Each Passport Stamp is valid for 18 months.
4. Stamps can be redeemed for any live poker event in the world provided that Betfair Poker is able to comply with the terms and conditions of that event.
5. The Threedom Pass offers free buy-in for three years to an event for any Betfair Poker player making the final table of that event. The pass is transferable to comparable tournaments.