Mrs. S.E. Galon. 2151 Wabash Ave. Chicago, Illinois.
Omaha, NE (PRWEB) April 19, 2007
Proxibid, a premier provider of live auction broadcasting services, today announced that quality vintage dresses and wedding dresses will be available for online bidding during an April 29 auction. The live auction event will take place at The Three Rivers Auction Company in Washington, PA. This two-day auction begins Saturday April 28th with 500 uncataloged lots, including costume jewelry, purses, shoes, hats and clothing. Live Internet bidding will commence at Noon Eastern time.
The auction includes more than 300 lots of beautifully preserved antique and vintage dresses, wedding gowns, men's suits, furs, hats and more. From classic 1950's prom dresses to 1920's wedding gowns and 1960's mod designs, there is something for everyone.
Auction highlights include:
- Lot 12: 1855 Dress - Six pieces Royal blue silk taffeta with black woven border. The skirt is two tiers mounted on original blue linen sham. Basque bodice lined (tan) and boned with baleen. Sleeve petticoats are new vintage fabrics and lace. Waist 22"+, Bust 32-33". Hook and eye closure. Silk cord frogging on sleeve. Collar is 1860 lace. Two evening bodices with short sleeve fringe trimmed. Black bodice - laces up back, hook and eyes up the front. Hat is black chip bonnet with ties. Miser purse is royal blue with red beads and silver colored rings. This whole ensemble was found together. Excellent condition for its age.
- Lot 31: 1924 Dress with Coat and Hat - Sleeveless dress. Flared wrap-skirt of silk velvet; pin tucks on bodice and skirt yoke. Brown silk velvet neck-trim is original; bodice is repro. Small size (35" hip). Coat: black silk; reversed satin technique highlights the sleeve cuffs and striking chevron pattern on back of coat. Trimmed with monkey fur. Lining has been replaced in gold satin. Size small (35" hips). Cloche hat: Brown felt couched with chenille trim. All are in excellent condition.
- Lot 32: 1879 Second Day Bridal Ensemble - Two-piece dress of purple silk velvet with purple cut velvet contrast. Basque bodice with three-quarter sleeve, baleen boning, finished with steel-cut buttons. Bustled skirt, edged with pleats, linen-lined. Label: "Mrs. S.E. Galon. 2151 Wabash Ave. Chicago, Illinois." Excellent condition.
- Lot 46: Turn of the Century Two -Piece Dress with Hat - Two- piece dress of very unusual woven silk fabric. Bodice and cuffs are lined with pink satin and overlaid with black lace. Skirt has a modest flare and is lined with muslin; hem is banded with plush. Small hat, wire brim under straw, ribbed silk draping, small feather. Lace overlay on dress is rough; otherwise condition on both items is very good.
- Lot 87: 1940s Dress with Stole, Hat and Necklace - Little black dress by "Adrian"; fitted sheath with dance slit; interesting draping through hips and waist. Stole is gray curly lamb with slate blue striped lining, marked "Louis Furs Exclusive Furrier, West Exchange Street, Akron, Ohio." Hat: Felt band with floral earmuffs, lattice back. Label: "Howard Hodge, Paris and New York." Necklace is modern costume jewelry. All are in excellent condition.
- Lot 27: 1952 Wedding Gown and Veil - Alencon lace, princess bodice with pointed front, full circle skirt over duchessa satin. Sleeves are slim fitted with pointed wrist, eight buttons; full buttoned back. Label: "Designed by Marie." Matching Juilet cap with shoulder length veil. Embellishment: iridescent sequins with glass pearls. Condition: excellent.
- Lot 182: 1952 Bridal Gown - Ivory silk satin gown with very full skirt which tapers to a 36" train; lined with pellon, hemmed with horsehair braid. Bodice is princess-style with three-quarter sleeve; button trim on front; traditional back button-closure. Label: "Priscilla of Boston." Very good condition except for some unknown gray stain on back of train, which could be dealt with by re-hemming the gown. Antique Veil is a circle of waxed orange blossoms with silk illusion. Very good condition.
- Lot 187: Wedding Gown - Early 20th Century - Silk gown with replacement lining. Bodice is embellished with Battenberg lace; high collar with feather stitching; tiny pearl buttons. The veil is a circlet of waxed orange blossoms and a 4 YARD (!) tulle train. Condition (all): very good to excellent.
"We have partnered with Proxibid because of the Company's reputation as a leading provider of live Internet bidding technology," said Julie Ewing, auction manager for Three Rivers Auction Company. "By bringing this auction online, people from all over the globe will have the opportunity to bid on and win these extraordinary items."
To register for online bidding, to view the online catalog or to bid during the live auction, visit http://www.proxibid.com.
Proxibid is the premier provider of live Internet auction broadcasting services. With Proxibid, bidders have access to real auctions, with real auctioneers, from the comfort of their home or office. Bidders can view auction catalogs, post pre-bids and participate in real-time Internet bidding via Proxibid's powerful auction portal. As a leading pioneer of live Internet bidding technology, Proxibid continues to lead the marketplace by offering an unparalleled level of customer service and support.
To learn more about Proxibid, please log on to http://www.proxibid.com.