We see social media as another form of web publishing
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) April 19, 2007
Clickability, Inc., the leading single source provider of on-demand web content management software, announced today its Social Media release, the latest on-demand offering built on its award winning cmPublish content management platform.
The new release provides a toolkit of social media capabilities that allows Clickability customers to complement their website properties with a community of engaged users -- a place where visitors can interact with each other to discuss ideas, insights and innovations. Social communities help companies explore new product and marketing innovations, test products and campaigns, develop customer engagement and loyalty and track market trends.
Clickability helps customers tailor the toolkit to meet the needs of their specific lines of business. The new release fosters several forms of customer engagement, including content ranking and rating, surveys and polls, visitor profile pages, newsletters as well as user comments. The new features are natively built into Clickability's web publishing platform providing a fully integrated solution. By blending traditional web publishing with Web 2.0 communities customers can now do things like republish a blog as a newsletter, measure community interactions through social media analytics, and search both published and user generated content across a unified search engine.
"We see social media as another form of web publishing," said John Girard, Clickability CEO. "Social media is a natural evolution of our platform and another tool that enables our customers to achieve their web business goals."
The Social Media release builds on Clickability's legacy of delivering Web 2.0 publishing capabilities such as blogs, visitor submitted content and media, configurable RSS syndication and visitor profile management. New features of the Social Media release include:
- Visitor-contributed video with in-line advertising: A unique way for websites to manage visitor submitted video and optionally monetize citizen journalism with in-video advertising. In-video advertising includes clickable banners, watermarks and animations in addition to traditional pre-roll, post-roll and mid-roll video. This facilitates a major opportunity to monetize citizen journalism without resorting to interruptive ads.
- Social media analytics: A built-in analytics engine makes it easy for producers to measure the social buzz of the content on their site and rank items, programmatically or manually, based on reader activity. This new and unique capability only available with an integrated publishing platform.
- Ajax driven commenting: A real-time commenting solution that makes it simple to turn on commenting for any type of content type, such as articles, press release, product information or video. It includes language verification, monitored and unmonitored commenting and an Ajax-driven interface to speed the process of reviewing, approving, editing and publishing comments in real-time.
- Visitor loyalty profiles: Visitor loyalty profiles allow web publishers to let visitors build a persona on the site by creating their own, public-facing profiles that track their activity on the site. Activities can include visitor comments, discussions, restaurant reviews, product feedback, photo uploads and story ratings. Visitors can also add and update their own image or avatar.
- Unified social media search: Unified social media search indexes visitor submitted and published content into the same search repository. This enables visitors as well as cmPublish users to search all site content from a single search engine. Visitors and users can configure search to rank results by rating, comment strength or page views
- Discussion Boards: Discussion boards enable publishers to add internet forums to their website to generate virtual communities. Publishers can run both monitored and unmonitored discussions and offer visitor ratings to gauge relevancy of the submitted topic.
- Visitor Ratings: Visitor ratings support timely feedback of published and visitor submitted content. The ratings engine supports a spectrum of ratings metrics from 1-N rating systems and positive/negative weightings.
- Comment notification: Flagged, monitored and unapproved comments are held in a queue within cmPublish. The notification workflow enables publishers to notify comment submitters when their comment has been approved and posted to the website. The notification, sent through email, will contain a link back to the comment so visitors can audit the published submission.
Clickability's Social Media release is scheduled for general availability in the second quarter. A preview of the new release will be available at Clickability's Very Innovative Publishing (VIP | 2007) Conference in San Francisco, April 26th & 27th in San Francisco. For more information about the conference go to http://vip.clickability.com.
Clickability is the leading single source provider of on-demand web content management services. Clickability's organic product philosophy provides customers all the resources they need to build a better, more profitable web business. Clickability's hosted web content platform allows customers to be successful without requiring technical overhead or infrastructure. Clickability helps hundreds of customers manage millions of content items across billions of web pages served. And with a goal of ensuring every client has the best customer experience they've ever had, we enjoy a flawless customer retention rate and rabidly enthusiastic customers. With Clickability, we take the hassle out of web publishing so you can just add content. Clickability is headquartered in San Francisco. For more information about the company, visit http://www.clickability.com or call 415.575.5125.