Lake Geneva, Wisc. (PRWEB) April 24, 2007
HSA Clearing Corp is a nationwide leader in setting up banks and credit unions to offer Health Savings Accounts/HSA with their turnkey HSA setup program. On May 8th, 1:00 p.m. CDT, the company will bring together some of the nation's leading experts on HSAs for an informative webinar. Attendees should include bankers, employee benefit companies, TPA's, and health insurance agencies.
Scheduled speakers are:
Lynette DeWitt, an associate director of retail investment markets at Financial Research Corporation. Lynette has developed an in-depth knowledge of the new HSA market and is the author of FRC's publications focused on HSAs.
Dan Perrin, executive director of the HSA Coalition. Mr. Perrin is recognized as one of the nation's most knowledgeable individuals concerning Health Savings Accounts. He is the author of HSA Road Rules, and is frequently quoted in major media publications such as The Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, The New York Times, and Kiplinger's.
Roy Ramthun, SVP of HSA Clearing Corp and former health care advisor to President Bush. Before joining the President's staff, Mr. Ramthun was the Senior Advisor to the Secretary of the U.S. Treasury for health initiatives. In this role, he led Treasury's implementation of Health Savings Accounts after they were enacted into law in December, 2003.
Larry Deegan, HSA Business Development Officer, American Chartered Bank. Chicago's American Chartered Bank started offering HSAs early in 2004. As of this spring, it had attracted $20 million in deposits and over 16,000 accounts.
Brian Bozek, HSA Business Development Officer with Southern Lakes Credit Union in Kenosha WI. Brain has brought in a number of business and individual HSA accounts since SLCU started offering HSAs last fall.
The latest enrollment figures for health insurance plans associated with HSAs by America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) are showing continued strong enrollment growth across the country.
- Enrollment has grown over the last year by another 1.2 million, to a total of 4.5 million Americans covered by HSA-qualified plans as of January, 2007 (a 43 percent increase over enrollment as of January, 2006).
- The strongest growth was in the large employer market where many people get their health insurance coverage. Almost 50 percent of the current enrollment in HSA-qualified plans is now in the large employer market. Enrollment in the small employer market also doubled from one year ago.
As consumer driven health care and HSAs continue to explode across the country, we will discuss:
- Are you losing deposits already?
- What are your responsibilities as a trustee or custodian?
- How to learn from the mistakes the insurance companies have made
- Why you must provide HSA educational tools
- Cross marketing opportunities
- Why now is the time to get started offering HSAs to capture your market
For more information visit http://www.hsaseminar.com or call HSA Clearing Corp at 866-HSA-4721.