(PRWEB) April 30, 2007
Genemation Ltd, a leading computer vision technology company, licensing 3D 'face synthesis' and 3D head character modeling tools to digital content artists, today announced that advances in its patented facial computer vision technology will open up new opportunities for the Company in the mobile phone content sector. Real-time facial feature tracking technology will enable the Company to create innovative, compelling and revenue generating solutions for image rights owners and brand marketeers in the mobile content, social networking, video games and online sectors .
Genemation's face and feature tracking technology enables the real time capture and very quick and automatic modification of faces. Very funny or serious changes can be made to faces & modified images can be forwarded to a variety of locations, e.g. the users or a third party phone, messaging locations, social networking websites (e.g. Myspace™, Flickr™,Bebo™ or Facebook™), email or online networks.
Genemation uses an end to end server side solution (GenMobile™) that requires no user input other than the taking of a photograph (no client software needed on handsets or other image capture devices). Once uploaded to the GenMobile™ server the image processing takes seconds before being returned or forwarded. GenMobile can be scaled to handle large traffic volumes.
Generic and customized server applications can be built to suit clients requirements and integrated with other new media platforms to create unique and compelling, revenue generating services.
Users of mobile phones (or other image capture device such as EyeToy™ and webcams), social networking sites, and virtual online worlds, e.g. Second Life™ are increasingly demanding control of content creation and personalization. Some of the fun and serious changes to faces that Genemation's technology can produce are:
1. The automatic placing of faces in other images e.g.
- Sporting events, movie scenes or current news events,
- Wallpaper, bepsoke artwork, greetings cards, e-postcards
- Famous artwork e.g. Mona Lisa,
- Superimposing a user face to replace a famous face, e.g.
i. Sporting star
ii. Fim star
v. Historical figure
2. The adding of face accessories:
- scars, e.g. black eye
- virtual make-up, e.g. celebrity's make-up applied to users face; or extreme make-up, e.g. Gene Simmonds of the group Kiss
3. The cross breeding of a users image with a 3rd party image to produce synthetic offspring, e.g. mix your face with a celebrity to see what your children will look like,
4. Partner's faces can be mixed to produce their virtual offspring
5. Faces can be aged or made younger
6. Ethnicity or gender changed
7. Face or feature morphing
8. A range of synthesized expressions/animations can be created automatically
More information about Genemation's applications, solutions and tools can be found at http://www.genemation.com, or for more information please contact John Bickley on +44(0)151 705 3530 or e-mail email@example.com.
Genemation Ltd was formed in late 2002 and has commercialized patented computer vision technology from The University of Manchester's Imaging Science and Biomedical Engineering division (ISBE). The Company has developed applications, solutions and software tools for the video games, mobile phone, web authoring, social networking, post production and other digital content sectors. Genemation Ltd is a privately owned Company; for further information please visit Genemation's website http://www.genemation.com
GenHead™, GenCrowd™ , Genemation™, GenMobile™, GenTrack™ and GenTools™ are trademarks of Genemation Ltd. All other brand names, product names, service marks or trademarks belong to their respective holders.