Washington, D.C. (PRWEB) April 30, 2007
For many Americans, the first steps toward planning for retirement, health care and financial security are the most difficult, uncertain and even fearful. Grappling with confusing advice and a mountain of information can scare off even the most resolute planner.
A new online quiz from Longevity Alliance (http://www.longevityready.com) helps make those first steps easier by replacing uncertainty with the basic information anyone needs to successfully plan for retirement, develop a financial investment strategy and make smart choices about health care coverage.
Rather than focusing on financial and other data, the Longevity Ready Quiz takes a unique approach that quickly enables users to understand and evaluate their attitudes and preferences about longevity and aging.
First, a user answers seven simple questions about their views about retirement and aging. Then, the Longevity Ready Quiz tabulates the answers and matches to a retirement profile that fits the individual. The retirement experts at Longevity Alliance developed five distinct profiles for retirement planning:
· Constant Guardians are more focused on protecting the things they care about most.
· Nurturing Networkers take part in and depend upon their network of friends, family and co-workers, and are characterized more by the strength of their relationships than their financial resources.
· Momentum Masters maintain a very even outlook in making trade-offs between wants and needs.
· Sailing Sophisticates are comfortable when they think about their financial future and find more complex or higher risk investments more acceptable.
· Guiding Stars are tireless contributors to the causes they care about and confident about their life and financial situation.
The Longevity Ready Quiz (http://www.longevityready.com) then provides financial and health care planning tips for each retirement profile. Best of all, the quiz requires no advance preparation.
"Even though we just launched it this month, the Longevity Ready Quiz has already helped thousands of Americans understand where they are starting from, which is the first step in retirement planning," said Longevity Alliance president Steve Zaleznick. "And successful planning - for health care costs, finances and longer lives - is a critical part of living comfortably and independently, now and in the future."
About Longevity Alliance
Longevity Alliance (http://www.longevityalliance.com, 1-800-713-6610) is an independent services company headquartered in Washington, DC that helps older adults and their families find ways to minimize the financial risks that can come with longer lives. It offers longevity-related financial and health insurance products including long-term care insurance, Medicare health insurance, annuities and financial services. For each product category, the Longevity team identifies several of the best companies based upon financial stability, rate competitiveness, product benefits and customer service. The management team has over 65 combined years of experience in the mature market, insurance and financial service industries.
Note to editors: The graphics, questions and profiles used in the Longevity Ready quiz are available upon request.