Flower Mound, TX (PRWEB) May 21, 2007
Genuitec, LLC, the leading provider of the popular MyEclipse integrated development environment (IDE) and a founding member of the Eclipse Foundation, today announced the immediate availability of MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench 5.5. This feature-packed release showcases simplified enterprise and Ajax development in addition to providing support for many of the enhancements of Java EE 5.
A fulfillment of Genuitec's commitment to be among industry leaders in new technology adoption, the upgrades provided by Java EE 5 were crucial for MyEclipse users.
"The support for Java EE 5 - specifically EJB 3, standardized and open Java persistence and enhanced JSF capabilities - solves critical usability concerns our customers have voiced," said Wayne Parrott, Vice President of Product Development for Genuitec. "With new wizards, validation and code-assist features, users will quickly see the productivity increase these new features provide."
In addition, the 5.5 release will include continued support for the popular MyEclipse SNAPs (Simple Non-integrated APplications), which allow for workspace-free file manipulation. Continuing to bridge gaps between disparate IDEs, "Use-Anywhere" connectors are provided so users of NetBeans, IntelliJ IDEA and Visual Studio platforms can utilize MyEclipse SNAPs (including a Visual Web Designer/HTML Editor [now supporting .php and .asp files], XML Editor, Database tools, smart Text Editing tools and Java Image Editor [with screen capture ability]) directly within their own environments. The SNAPs are free as part of the MyEclipse distribution, but are currently only available for the Windows platform.
The following is a sampling of the new/updated features in MyEclipse 5.5:
- Platform support:
- Microsoft Vista support
- Eclipse 3.2.2 compatible
- Upgraded MyEclipse-WebTools, an enhanced and professionally supported version of Eclipse WTP 1.5.3 with many MyEclipse improvements and bug fixes
- SNAPs Non-Eclipse Integration and Improvements
- Java EE 5 Projects
- Create Java EE 5 Web, EJB and Enterprise (EAR) projects with integrated library support
- EJB Projects include integrated JPA and DB Explorer support
- Much more
- EJB3 - Enterprise Java Beans
- Create Stateless, Stateful, Entity and Message enterprise beans
- Wizards for creating all
- Code-assist and validation of Java annotations
- Reverse-engineer Entity and Stateless session bean facades from MyEclipse Datatbase Explorer
- MyEclipse Java Persistence Tools (including JPA, Toplink, Hibernate)
- Add JPA Capabilities to any Java project
- Integrates with MyEclipse Database Explorer for database connections and metadata access
- JPA entity annotation validation
- JPA properties editors and Java Persistence perspective
- Much more
- Visual JSF Page Designer
- All new JSF Visual Page Designer for WYSIWYG editing of advanced JSF components
- Supports Drag-and-Drop style editing of all standard JSF components
- Preview mode of JSF design page
- JSF and faces.config creation wizards
- Much more
- MyEclipse Derby Database
- Integrated Derby database server with preconfigured JDBC driver
- Sample schema is immediately accessible by all DB and JPA tools
- Matisse4MyEclipse Swing Visual Designer upgrades, availability as a standalone plugin
- Facelets support
- XHTML support
- MyEclipse UML improvements
- Improved internationalization
- New Application Server Connectors (Glassfish V2, Geronimo 2, Oracle 10, Weblogic 10)
- All-in-One Installer reduced download volume by 50%
- Much more!
"We are very excited about the doors this release will open for our customers," said Maher Masri, CEO of Genuitec. "By incorporating the best technology available and building upon it, we're able to deliver customers exactly what they have asked for."
The MyEclipse platform is rapidly becoming the default toolkit for developers seeking to create sophisticated RCP, Java and J2EE applications. By the end of 2007, Genuitec estimates that between eight hundred thousand and one million users will be consumers of MyEclipse technologies.
Pricing & Availability
MyEclipse 5.5 Enterprise Workbench is available immediately via download. The Standard Edition annual subscription is priced at $29.95 USD and the Professional Edition annual subscription is priced at $49.95 USD. All subscriptions include unlimited access to Genuitec's world-class, direct-response online support.
Genuitec, LLC, is an Eclipse-based company offering innovative Java and J2EE development tools. Genuitec offers training and expert consulting and development services for the Eclipse SDK and Rich Client Platforms. An original sponsor of Eclipse Plug-in Central, Genuitec joined the Eclipse Foundation early in 2003 and currently has an employee serving as an elected member of the board of directors, actively participating in the strategy development and direction of the organization. Genuitec LLC was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Flower Mound, Texas. http://www.genuitec.com
Genuitec and MyEclipse are trademarks of Genuitec, LLC. All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies and should be treated as such. JRE, Java and all Java-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
North American Sales Contact: Genuitec, LLC, 2221 Justin Rd, #119-340, Flower Mound, TX 75028;
Tel: 888-267-4176 X 704, Fax: 214-853-4284, Email: sales(at)genuitec.com; Website: http://www.genuitec.com.