Tampa, FL (PRWEB) May 23, 2007
Fruit takes center stage in June, so even health-conscious Floridians and tourists can indulge in Florida's food festivals this month.
"Have a healthy heart and pay tribute to the state's hardworking farmers," writes Joan Steinbacher, author of "Food Fest! Your Complete Guide to Florida's Food Festivals."
Blueberries and watermelon are just a few of the fabulous foods celebrated during June's festivals. If you crave more variety, Boynton Beach, St. Petersburg, and Fort Myers Beach are all hosting "Taste Of" events which are sure to please the palate. And for the daring who can stand the heat, try the Pepper Fest in Sand Key.
Besides the scrumptious food--like the blueberry pancake breakfasts--there's plenty of amusements and activities to entertain the novice or seasoned festival-goer. Don't miss out on the watermelon seed-spitting contest or the watermelon parades! And there's musical entertainment, arts and crafts, children's activities, and much more.
So kick off the summer with a spontaneous day trip or plan a weekend getaway to enjoy the fresh taste of local fare with your family and friends. The hard part is choosing which of the mouth-watering food festivals to attend!
Here's a sampling of what's coming to Florida in June 2007:
- Boynton Beach - Taste of Boynton (June 1)
- St. Petersburg - Taste of Pinellas (June 1-3)
- Chiefland - Watermelon Festival (June 2)
- Wellborn - Blueberry Festival (June 2)
- Clearwater - Sand Key Pepper Fest (June 2-3)
- Fort Myers Beach - Taste Of The Beach (June 3)
- Monticello - Jefferson County Watermelon Festival (June 15-16)
- Bostwick - Blueberry Festival (June 16)
- Callahan - Northeast Florida Blueberries & Barbecue Festival (June 16-17)
- Jacksonville - Folio Weekly Beer & Music Festival (June 22)
- Daytona Beach - Shores Wine and Food Festival (June 23)
- Chipley - Panhandle Watermelon Festival (June 23-24)
- Marathon - Florida Keys Tropical Fruit Fiesta (June 30)
Have fun eating your way through the summer! For additional information and more events, visit "Food Fest!" -- the ultimate "foodies" travel guide--at http://www.FoodFestGuide.com