Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) June 7, 2007
Realtor Connie De Groot with the prestigious real estate agency Coldwell Banker in Beverly Hills (http://www.ConnieDeGroot.com), the firm’s number one office in the world, has just released her list of the ‘Top Ten Things to Look for in a Realtor.’ Ms. De Groot, distinguished for being within the top two percentile of all Coldwell Banker agents internationally, is known for serving the best interests of her clientele. She knows that the purchase or sale of a home is one of the biggest investments and challenges in the lives of many. Ms. De Groot aims to demystify and simplify the process and below offers her top ten picks for maximizing your success with a Realtor.
1. Select a Realtor That is a Full Time/Full Service Agent
- ‘Full Service’ means that this person is fully dedicated to working in this profession and servicing his/her clients whenever they are in need.
- They will be experienced with the many challenges of buying and selling and best prepared to resolve problems during negotiations, inspections as well as general home concerns that occur after purchase.
2. Select a Realtor That Has Passion, Enthusiasm and Dedication for Their Profession and Clients
- A Realtor with passion and dedication for their job will be the one that goes the extra mile to get you the best results.
3. Select Someone Who Knows Your Market of Interest
- Your Realtor’s knowledge is key and can save, even make, you money. Get someone that really knows your marketplace.
- Select a Realtor with a recent successful record behind them, preferably one with success in your neighborhood.
4. Select a Realtor Who is Creative and Can Devise Unique Problem Solving Strategies
- Look for someone that can create offers to purchase a property with terms and conditions that excite a seller and work well for the buyer.
- Look for someone that has good problem solving techniques. There are always conflicts, surprises and changes during an escrow that require calm, knowledge and experience to keep things going.
5. Select an Agent That is Knowledgeable and up to Date with Those Technologies That Affect or Benefit the Industry
- Select a professional that is savvy with the "new toys" and current technologies that enable a Realtor to better perform. If one is not current with these advances, it is likely that they will be slower to obtain information and communicate it to a buyer or seller. This could cost the client in the end.
6. Select a Realtor That Has a Team Ready to Assist
- It is hard to find a good handyman but an experienced Realtor will have one they have worked with on many occasions that has proven themselves to be honest, reliable and affordable. They will also have inspectors to address nearly every homeowner’s concern.
- Before remodeling, ask your Realtor to recommend a good interior designer. Sometimes a consultation is all that one needs to save money and get great ideas.
7. Select a Realtor That Has an Assistant or Person with Whom You May Speak to Whenever the Realtor is Unavailable
- Many Realtors have people that handle their clients while away however many clients feel uncomfortable speaking to someone unfamiliar with their transaction.
- Select a Realtor that has a permanent assistant, preferably with a license. This person will know the daily details pertaining to your home transaction and will most certainly know you.
8. Select a Realtor That is Respected and Liked by Other Realtors
- When an agent is liked, other agents try to make a deal work because they enjoy working with people they trust and have good rapport with. This is a definite advantage to the client whether they are a buyer or seller.
9. Ask To Speak To Some Of The Realtor’s Past And Present Clients And Ask To See Mls Reports Detailing Homes Sold In Your Area
- If the agent sold a home, it should have their name on the MLS Agent Detail Report including the price at which the home sold. Be sure to check it out.
10. Select Someone Whom You Trust and Feel Comfortable Having Assist You
- It is imperative to select a Realtor that understands you. One that you respect and feel comfortable sharing your thoughts and concerns with. There needs to be a level of trust or the client will not experience the full benefits of having an experienced and knowledgeable Realtor.
To hear more and/or arrange for Ms. De Groot to provide additional commentary on the real estate industry and the concerns of buyers and sellers, please contact:
Liam Collopy, Vice President, LCO PR, 310-300-0950 x232
About Connie De Groot
Connie De Groot is a Realtor with the prestigious real estate agency Coldwell Banker in Beverly Hills, the firm’s number one office in the world. Connie’s expertise, drive and commitment to her craft and customers have earned her the distinction of being within the top two percentile of all Coldwell Banker agents internationally. Connie is also the star of the Fine Living Television Network program Real Estate Confidential (see Connie this Sunday, June 10 on Fine Living Television’s Real Estate Confidential) and is frequently called upon by the national media for expert commentary and advice on trends and news in the real estate market.
Dubbed the ‘People’s Realtor’ for her staunch support of individual buyers and sellers, Connie is a fierce advocate for educating homeowners on the intricacies of the market, what they can and should expect from their Realtor and how homeowners can best position their home for sale at the maximum price in the most expeditious manner.
Connie De Groot is the new face of real estate in the 21st Century: a Realtor on the side of the people.
For additional information on Connie De Groot please visit her online at http://www.ConnieDeGroot.com.
LCO - Levine Communications Office
1180 S. Beverly Dr. Third Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90035
T: 310.300.0950 x 232
# # #