San Antonio, TX (PRWEB) June 25, 2007
Leading test publisher Harcourt Assessment today announced the release of a new enhanced version of its Learnia® formative assessment solution. Learnia® is a classroom assessment tool for grades K-12 that examines student achievement through both formative and summative assessments and provides real-time, student-centric assessment data to make teaching -- and learning -- successful and rewarding.
"This expansion of Learnia® 's capabilities creates a tool of unmatched quality to help teachers maximize student learning," said Senior Learnia® Product Line Manager Denise Gillis. "With thousands of items with intuitive answer analysis and more than 30,000 items available for practice tests, Learnia provides teachers with a tool that pinpoints student weaknesses to inform instruction."
The latest release of Learnia® includes the following new features:
- Valid and reliable summative assessments are provided to benchmark students to the state assessment as a foundation for further assessments administered to be administered formatively.
- Formative assessments which provide support for K-12 using either exercise items available for all grade levels or enhanced assessment items with patented answer analysis capabilities for high-stakes grades of 3-8.
- A flexible item bank containing more than 30,000 items that continues to be expanded and refreshed.
- A wide selection of assessment items that utilize Harcourt Assessment's patented answer analysis to pin-point breakdowns in student learning and inform instruction.
- Subject coverage of instructional exercise items include reading and math with additional coverage for science and social studies.
- Formative assessments with both pre-constructed forms and item bank functionality are available to match curriculum pacing.
- Integrated Professional Services and a wide array of on-going Professional Development services are available to help ensure customer success and maximization of Learnia results.
Learnia® provides educators with a formative assessment tool with unprecedented flexibility that informs classroom instruction. Through the use of short formative assessments, educators are able to measure students' progress throughout the year and make informed instructional decisions to maximize student learning. Harcourt's patented answer analysis allows teachers to not only see where a student's learning has broken down, but helps them understand why.
Learnia® is an assessment solution that continues to evolve with the needs of educators. Harcourt Assessment's developers continue to expand and deepen the new Learnia solution. Developers are currently building state-specific item banks with multi-dimensional alignment to state standards. These new item banks are being constructed to state-specific item development blueprints, addressing multidimensional alignment by including tested standards at the lowest tier. Items are further aligned to the cognitive level, breadth and weighting of the standards, while ensuring all standards covered on the statewide assessment are included. With the use of these state-specific item banks, teachers and administrators will be able to confidently assess each student's potential performance on statewide assessments.
For more information on the Learnia solution, visit http://www.Learnia.net.
About Harcourt Assessment, Inc.
Based in San Antonio, Harcourt Assessment, Inc. is a leading provider of high-quality assessment instruments and testing programs published under two brand names -- Harcourt Assessment and PsychCorp™. For more than 85 years, Harcourt Assessment has been providing insight about children and adults; informing instruction, curricula, and clinical practice; collaborating with educators and clinical professionals; assisting human resources, admissions and credential professionals; and creating assessment innovations, in order to provide the most effective assessment solutions for the success of all individuals.
The company is a unit of Harcourt Education, a global education provider serving students and teachers in PreK through grade 12, adult learners, and readers of all ages. Harcourt Education is part of Reed Elsevier Group plc. (http://www.reedelsevier.com), a world-leading publisher and information provider. It is owned equally by Reed Elsevier PLC (NYSE: RUK) and Reed Elsevier NV (NYSE: ENL).
# # #