Los Angeles (PRWEB) July 10, 2007
With the national housing supply now up to 9 months, many Sellers are becoming worried and want to know how to sell their home quickly and successfully. Realtor Connie De Groot with the prestigious Real Estate agency Coldwell Banker in Beverly Hills (http://www.ConnieDeGroot.com), the firm’s number one office in the world and distinguished for being within the top two percentile of all Coldwell Banker agents internationally, below provides her recommendations for what Sellers can do to expedite the sale of their homes in this sluggish Real Estate market.
1.) Select a true “listing agent” to sell your home.
- It is important to find a Realtor that has experience representing Sellers both in your neighborhood and price range. Ask to see data from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) to support their claims of what they have sold in your area.
2.) Listen to your Realtor about pricing.
- Deciding where to price your home is the most crucial decision affecting your net profits. Mistakes in pricing do cost the Seller. A fresh new property receives the most attention thus an accurate price will produce results and perhaps multiple offers.
3.) Look at comparable homes.
- Visit open houses and look at as many properties as you can online. It is important to understand how your home stacks up against those that are currently on the market or have just sold.
4.) Take steps to make your property and its features look their best.
- Add a fresh coat of paint (neutral colors preferred), freshen up landscaping, trim trees, clean up clutter and remove personal items (such as photos), so that prospective buyers can picture themselves there rather than seeing you there.
5.) Consider staging your home.
- Decorating the home helps to create an "emotional attachment" and when that happens there is a very good chance an offer will follow. The popularity of staging has grown tremendously because the results are impressive but make sure that you select a company or person that understands that area and the type of buyer for that home. Lastly, look at homes the stager has on the market now.
6.) Be flexible with showings.
- It only takes one Buyer to get your home sold. Don’t make your Realtor feel as though their request for a showing is an inconvenience.
7.) Do some general home inspections.
- Doing a general home inspection or termite inspection will allow you to know what repairs need to be made to the property in advance. When the Buyers do their inspections of the property once in escrow, they will see a home that has been well maintained. Buyers may become upset or turned off to a home that has many small repairs that need to be made.
8.) If you are looking to sell quickly out of necessity, price your home aggressively.
- To sell fast, you will need to price your home slightly under the list price of other homes on the market comparable to yours. This will likely result in getting your home sold first.
9.) Make sure you play up your home’s best features.
- If you have fireplaces, make sure that you have fires burning so that there is a beautiful warm glow and the sound of crackling. If you have a gourmet cook’s kitchen, have some great-smelling treats baking in the oven. Turn on soothing music. Set all lights and lamps if the home looks dark or feels heavy. Lighting is crucial. Do the same as if you were having a formal dinner party- the house will certainly sparkle. Today’s home prices are high and your home must be ready to perform at every showing.
10.) Make sure people know your house is for sale.
- Have lots of signs and flags out front so that your house is easily seen. Advertise in local papers and be sure to include beautiful photos. Each photo should showcase something interesting and unique about the property.
Lastly, try to keep a positive attitude!
To hear more and/or arrange for Connie De Groot to provide additional commentary on the real estate industry and the concerns of buyers and sellers, please contact:
Liam Collopy, Vice President, LCO PR, 310-300-0950 x232
About Connie De Groot
Connie De Groot is a Realtor with the prestigious real estate agency Coldwell Banker in Beverly Hills, the firm’s number one office in the world. Connie’s expertise, drive and commitment to her craft and customers have earned her the distinction of being within the top two percentile of all Coldwell Banker agents internationally. Connie is also the star of the Fine Living Television Network program Real Estate Confidential and is frequently called upon by the national media for expert commentary and advice on trends and news in the real estate market.
Dubbed the ‘People’s Realtor’ for her staunch support of individual buyers and sellers, Connie is a fierce advocate for educating homeowners on the intricacies of the market, what they can and should expect from their Realtor and how homeowners can best position their home for sale at the maximum price in the most expeditious manner.
Connie De Groot is the new face of real estate in the 21st Century: a Realtor on the side of the people.
For additional information on Connie De Groot please visit her online at http://www.ConnieDeGroot.com.
LCO - Levine Communications Office
1180 S. Beverly Dr. Third Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90035
T: 310.300.0950 x 232