Mountain View, CA (PRWEB) July 16, 2007
Virtualmin, Inc., a systems management startup developing Open Source and commercial administration products for the web hosting industry, today announced the release of version 3.43 of Virtualmin Professional and Virtualmin GPL. Virtualmin is a next generation web server control panel, addressing the needs of Web 2.0 developers and the web hosting providers who serve them. Virtualmin is available for all major Linux distributions and Solaris.
This version of Virtualmin Professional includes new automated installation tools for popular Open Source web applications like SugarCRM and OpenAds, as well as updates to previously available installers for WordPress, DokuWiki, Simple Machines Forum and others. Virtualmin Professional provides automatic installation for over 70 applications on top of the provided LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl) stack.
"Installing a large web application like SugarCRM, and all of its dependencies, can be challenging and time-consuming for new users, particularly in a shared hosting environment," explains Joe Cooper, CEO of Virtualmin, Inc., "Virtualmin Professional handles everything quickly and with no chance for error."
Other New Features
Virtualmin Professional and Virtualmin GPL version 3.43 also include additional upgrades and enhancements, including:
- Reseller features have been enhanced, to include limits on number of domains that can be created and to enforce single user ownership.
- New alias server and email alias batch creation mode to allow rapid creation of alias, or "parked", domains and email aliases. Batch mode operations can be initiated from the command line or remote HTTP requests.
- Updated server status monitors on the front page, to provide information about POP3/IMAP service in addition to the existing monitors for web, email, name and database services.
- Enhancements to the mobile access skin, making it easier to manage servers via most mobile devices. Mobile devices automatically receive a gracefully degraded UI, that contains nearly full functionality in a lightweight and easy to use menu-based format.
- Beta support has been introduced for the Sun Solaris and OpenSolaris operating systems. Since Sun has embraced Open Source, Solaris has begun to gain traction in the hosting market. Virtualmin Professional now fully supports both Solaris and OpenSolaris on Sparc and x86 systems.
Virtualmin Professional and Virtualmin GPL version 3.43 are available now. Virtualmin Professional customers can upgrade through our automated package update system. Virtualmin GPL is available for free download from http://www.webmin.com/virtualmin.html
Virtualmin Professional is easily installable on the following operating systems: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3, 4, and 5; CentOS Linux 3, 4 and 5; Fedora Core 4, 5 and 6; Debian 3.1 and 4.0; Ubuntu 6.06 LTS; SUSE and OpenSUSE 10.0; and Solaris and OpenSolaris 10.
About Virtualmin, Inc.
Virtualmin, Inc. is a systems management startup, focused on building next generation tools for the web hosting industry. Our products are based on, and the company founders are developers of, the world's most popular web-based UNIX system administration tool, Webmin. Webmin is downloaded two million times per year, and is used by thousands of businesses worldwide.
Virtualmin, Inc. is located in Mountain View, Calif. and http://www.virtualmin.com on the web.
For more information, to schedule an interview, or obtain a review copy of Virtualmin Professional, please contact Joe Cooper (joe @ virtualmin.com). Press materials are available at http://www.virtualmin.com/press-kit.html