Philadelphia's Top 25 Tourist Attractions
Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) July 23, 2007
Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour, Philadelphia's scariest new haunted tour, announced today that it will begin evening ghost tours of Historic Philadelphia on Wednesday, July 25, 2007 with the launch of its ghoulish 75-minute walking adventure.
Guests who dare to take the Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour will visit more than 15 scary sites to hear Philadelphia's haunted facts and folklore. Travel the cobblestone streets of Old City to hear ghost stories about the Spirits of '76, featuring:
- Haunted Facts - Hear stories about the Master of the Macabre, Edgar Allan Poe, who used to reside in Philadelphia and learn about Leo Callahan, the only prisoner to escape from Eastern State Penitentiary and never be re-captured!
- Haunted Folklore - Learn about the legendary ghosts that inhabit Independence Hall, the spirits of Carpenters' Hall, the dancing statue of Benjamin Franklin at Library Hall and paranormal Pine Street happenings.
- Haunted Movie Sets - See famous film locations from big screen thrillers such as The Sixth Sense, Shooter, National Treasure and more!
Guests may be lucky enough to encounter the spirits of Ben Franklin, Dr. Benjamin Rush, Bishop White, Betsy Ross, and more. This family-friendly tour is a great option as a before or after-dinner activity. Plus, each guest will receive a free glow stick compliments of Masquerade.
"Taking the Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour is a great way to experience Haunted Philadelphia. Along the tour, guests will hear the spellbinding stories and terrifying tales of the supernatural," stated Jonathan Bari, founder of The Constitutional Walking Tour and the Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour. "It's one thing to see Philadelphia historic sites by day, but it's a different experience to see them by night and learn about their haunted side when we show you more than 15 of Philly's Frights & Sights."
From July 25, 2007 through September 29, 2007, Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour will offer tours Wednesday through Saturday nights starting at 7:30 PM. In October, tours will be offered more frequently. For more details on the tour schedule, call 215.525.1776 or visit http://www.Spiritsof76.com.
Tickets & Starting Location
Tickets cost $17.50 Per Adult and $12.50 Per Child (ages 3-12). Group rates are available for parties of 20 or more. To purchase tickets, call 215.525.1776 or visit http://www.Spiritsof76.com . Tickets are also sold the evening of each tour in the lobby of the Omni Hotel at 401 Chestnut Street in Philadelphia. Advance reservations are recommended.
The Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour meets in the lobby of the Omni Hotel at 401 Chestnut Street in Philadelphia.
Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour Partners
Spirits of '76 has partnered with the following organizations:
- Omni Hotel at Independence Park - The Omni Hotel at Independence Park is a four-diamond European-style luxury hotel that offers elegance and style at its best. Situated just 10 minutes from the Philadelphia International Airport, the Omni Hotel at Independence Park offers the ideal Philadelphia hotel location. SPECIAL OFFER: Following the Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour, enjoy 20% off of your check in either the Omni Hotel at Independence Park Bar or Azalea Restaurant by showing your same-day ticket stub from the tour.
- Halloween Adventure and Masquerade - For over 20 years, Halloween Adventure Costume Super Stores have successfully brought the Magic, Fun and Excitement of Halloween to millions of customers. Masquerade is the ultimate fantasy adventure store that is open year-round. There are more than 60 Philadelphia area Halloween Adventure and Masquerade stores. For more information, visit http://www.HalloweenAdventure.com .
About Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour
The Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour is Philadelphia's scariest new haunted tour that visits more than 15 of Center City Philadelphia's Frights & Sights on a 75 minute ghoulish walking adventure. The Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour features the facts and folklore of haunted Philadelphia. The Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour was created and is operated by The Constitutional Guided Walking Tours, LLC. For more information on the Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour, please visit http://www.Spiritsof76.com or call 215.525.1776.
About The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia
The Constitutional Guided Walking Tour is a 75 minute, 1.25 mile outdoor walking adventure in the Independence National Historical Park area which features many historical sites such as the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, the National Constitution Center and the Betsy Ross House. Taking The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia gets visitors up close and personal with a High-Definition Historical Experience™. Philadelphia is best seen by foot, and as such, The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia is the best way to explore Historic Philadelphia, taking you behind the scenes to the places where other tour operators cannot venture. Come see why the Chicago Tribune has stated, "No visit to Philadelphia is complete without taking a Constitutional Guided Walking Tour, a 75-minute, mile and a quarter stroll that puts 15 historic sites, from Independence Hall to the National Constitution Center, and Ben Franklin, in perspective."
The Constitutional is one of "Philadelphia's Top 25 Tourist Attractions" as ranked by the Philadelphia Business Journal. For more information on The Constitutional, please visit us online at http://www.TheConstitutional.com or call 215.525.1776.