Applications of Visualization for Web 2.0
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) July 26, 2007
Insightful Corporation (NASDAQ: IFUL), a leading provider of predictive analytics and reporting solutions, announced today that employees of the company will be presenting and/or chairing eight sessions at the 2007 Joint Statistical Meetings (JSM), the world's largest annual gathering of statisticians, which will be held at Salt Lake City's Salt Palace Convention Center from July 29, 2007 to August 2, 2007. Insightful will also be exhibiting in booths 418 and 420 throughout the conference.
During the conference, Insightful employees will be involved in the following eight sessions:
July 30, 2007
- "Applications of Visualization for Web 2.0", Sven Knudson, Author, Session #132, 10:30 am-12:20 pm
- "S-PLUS and R-Package for Least Angle Regression", Dr. Tim Hesterberg, Author, Session #209, 2:00 pm-3:50 pm
July 31, 2007
- "Uses of Packages in R and S-PLUS", Dr. Stephen Kaluzny, Author, Session #294, 10:30 am - 12:20 am
- "Bootstrap Methods and Permutation Tests for Doing and Teaching Statistics", Dr. Tim Hesterberg, Instructor, Session #CE 28C, 1:00 pm- 5:00 pm
- "Design Issues for Clinical Trials", Dr. Jill Goldschneider, Chair, Session #335, 2:00-3:50 pm
August 1, 2007
- "How Scientists Can Work effectively with the Media", Dr. Tim Hesterberg,Chair, Session #353, 8:30 am - 10:20 pm
- "Statistical Graphics for Analysis of Drug Safety and Efficacy", Dr. Michael O'Connell, Author, and Dr. Stephen Kaluzny, Chair, Session #456, 2:00 pm -3:00 pm
- "Statistical and Graphical Analysis of Adverse Events Counts in Clinical Trials", Dr. Michael O'Connell, Author, Session #456, 2:05 pm -2:30 pm
JSM (the Joint Statistical Meetings) is the world's largest gathering of statisticians It is held jointly with the American Statistical Association, the International Biometric Society (ENAR and WNAR), the Institute of Mathematical Statistics, and the Statistical Society of Canada. Attended by over 5000 people, activities of the meeting include oral presentations, panel sessions, poster presentations, continuing education courses, exhibit hall (with state-of-the-art statistical products and opportunities), career placement service, society and section business meetings, committee meetings, social activities, and networking opportunities.
Insightful Corporation (NASDAQ:IFUL) is a provider of predictive analytics and reporting solutions. Insightful products S-PLUS®, Insightful Miner™, S-PLUS® Server and InFact® allow companies to perform sophisticated statistical data analysis, data mining and create high-quality graphics for reporting results from numeric and text data. Insightful has been delivering industry-leading, high-ROI solutions to thousands of companies in financial services, life sciences, biotechnology, telecommunications, and manufacturing, plus government and research institutions, for 20 years. Headquartered in Seattle, Insightful has offices in New York, North Carolina, France, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom, with distributors around the world. For more information, visit http://www.insightful.com , email info @ insightful.com or call 1-800-569-0123.
Note to Investors - Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements about Insightful's participation in at JSM. Forward-looking statements are based on the judgment and opinions of management at the time the statements are made. Inaccurate assumptions and known and unknown risks and uncertainties can affect the accuracy of forward-looking statements. Actual results could differ materially from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements for a number of reasons, including, without limitation, the risk that this event does not perform as designed and expected. More detailed information regarding these and other factors that could affect actual results is set forth in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our most recent report on Form 10-QSB. You should not unduly rely on these forward-looking statements, which apply only as of the date of this release. We undertake no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements to reflect new information, events or circumstances after the date of this release or to reflect the occurrence of anticipated events.