Pricing management and optimization software is emerging as a key technology to help companies increase their revenue and margins
Austin, TX (PRWEB) July 30, 2007
Zilliant, the leading provider of price optimization and price management software for business-to-business (B2B) companies, announced record results for the first half of 2007. Year-over-year sales for the period increased by more than 150 percent, reflecting overall market growth as well as Zilliant's success in the manufacturing, distribution and industrial service verticals.
Industry analysts expect the rapid adoption of pricing technology to continue because of its bottom-line benefits. "Pricing management and optimization software is emerging as a key technology to help companies increase their revenue and margins," said Robert DeSisto, vice president of CRM for Gartner, Inc., in its June 2007 "Hype Cycle for CRM Sales, 2007" report.
In addition to strong financial performance, Zilliant first-half highlights include:
- Two major product releases -- Zilliant delivered two major releases of their industry-leading pricing suite, and introduced two new pricing applications: ZPPS Deal Manager for Agreements, which provides advanced decision support and process automation capabilities that maximize the profitability of sales agreements and contracts; and ZPPS Pricing Information Manager, which helps companies enrich product master data with pricing attributes and relationships, enabling them to design and execute profitable product mixes and demand shaping strategies.
- Expansion of executive team -- Zilliant added two industry veterans to their executive team: Walter Sharp as vice president of North American Sales and Andy Dvorocsik as vice president of Pricing Excellence. Dvorocsik joined Zilliant from Accenture, where he was a partner in their pricing strategy group.
- Creation of the Pricing Excellence organization -- Zilliant created the Center of Pricing Excellence as a resource dedicated to helping customers maximize the financial benefits they derive from their Zilliant implementations.
- Formal alliance between Zilliant and Deloitte Consulting -- Zilliant and Deloitte Consulting, LLC created a strategic alliance to deliver total price management technology and services to customers. Zilliant is one of only 12 CRM vendors that have formal partnerships with Deloitte.
- European traction -- Zilliant continues to see strong traction in the U.K. and Europe, closing multiple deals and implementing pricing technology at some of the world's leading manufacturers and distributors.
- Employee growth -- Zilliant increased its staff year over year by 50 percent.
"The pricing space has really heated up, especially in manufacturing and distribution," said Greg Peters, Zilliant CEO. "We believe our proven ability to drive margin lift for companies in these industries is not only propelling our growth, but is also a driving force in the overall market's momentum."
Zilliant is the leading provider of price optimization and price management applications for manufacturing, distribution, high-tech, and industrial service companies. Zilliant Precision Pricing Suite (ZPPS) uses existing transactional data to improve decisions across all facets of price analysis, setting and execution. ZPPS applications combine powerful price segmentation and optimization science with easy-to-use business applications to help companies achieve the best pricing possible on every deal, increasing profits by tens of millions of dollars. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Zilliant is a privately held company. Investors include Austin Ventures, Cardinal Ventures, JP Morgan Partners, and Trellis Partners. For more information contact Zilliant at 877.893.1085 or visit http://www.zilliant.com.