Tampa, FL (PRWEB) August 1, 2007
More and more people are planning their travels around food-related events, and Florida boasts many delicious destinations for celebrating its regional specialties. To help you create your own culinary tour of Florida, "Food Fest! Your Complete Guide to Florida's Food Festivals" serves up all the information you need in one handy, easy-to-use book. Now at your fingertips is the key to tantalizing food festivals, cook-offs, and "Taste Of" events. "Food Fest!" is the first and only resource listing over 200 annual Florida food celebrations -- a scrumptious, year-round cornucopia.
So gather your family and friends and savor the fresh taste of local fare while enjoying the Florida sunshine. From mullet to crawfish, frog legs to sausage, mangos to kumquats, garlic to swamp cabbage, flap jacks to chocolate, and anything and everything in between, there's a festival for every taste.
Food festivals are ideal entertainment for the whole family. Besides the main attraction -- delicious food -- these festivals feature a variety of amusements (musical entertainment, off-beat competitions, arts and crafts, car shows, children's activities, and much more).
- Are you a food-lover who enjoys sampling new and different foods and beverages?
- Would you like to find affordable ways to entertain the kids or out-of-town guests?
- Do you enjoy planning day trips or weekend getaways?
- Are you a vendor looking for events where you can sell your products?
Florida's food festivals can meet your every need. So whether you're a longtime Florida resident or a visitor to the state, if you enjoy travel, outdoor activities, or good food -- don't miss out on another fun Florida food event. Here's a sampling of what's coming to Florida.
- Fort Lauderdale - Taste of Weston
- Key West - Lobsterfest
- Kissimmee - Old Town Chili Cookoff
- Port St. Joe - Gulf County Scallop Festival
- Tampa - WaZoo
- Clearwater - Taste of Clearwater
- Crystal River - Florida Barbecue Association Funcook
- Green Cove Springs - First Coast Ham Jam
- Hollywood - Hollywood Beach Clambake
- Pensacola - Emerald Coast Brew Fest & Beach Party
- Pensacola - Seafood Festiva
- Sandestin - Seafood & Mini Wine Fest
- Bradenton - Hunsader Farms Pumpkin Festival
- Brooksville - Hernando County BBQ & Rodeo Festival
- Cedar Key - Seafood Festival
- De Land - Great Bowls of Fire Chili Cookoff
- Destin - Seafood Festival
- Jay - Gabbert Farm Peanut Festival
- Niceville - Boggy Bayou Mullet Festival
- Apalachicola - Florida Seafood Festival
- Fort Myers - Taste of the Town
- Jensen Beach - Pineapple Festival
- Land O' Lakes - Flapjack Festival
- Safety Harbor - Wine Festival
- St. Petersburg - Ribfest
- Sebastian - Clambake Lagoon Festival
Visit the "Food Fest!" companion website, http://www.FoodFestGuide.com , for exciting details and free festival information. The website offers many interesting features that complement the hardcopy book, such as upcoming food festivals and a list of the Florida Chambers of Commerce. If you register on the website, additional bonus features are available including a yearly calendar of events. Registration is free.
About "Food Fest! Your Complete Guide to Florida's Food Festivals":
This unique travel guide lists each event with its annual date, location, contact information, and activities. Regional maps and festival directories (by month and region) help plan trips. And bonus recipes are included.
The chapters -- "Seafood Fiesta," "Carnivore's Delight," "Fruit Medley," "Vegan's Variety," "Drink, Drank, Drunk," "Miscellaneous Munchies," and "Tantalizing Tastes" -- categorize events by food type for those with particular cravings.
"Food Fest! Your Complete Guide to Florida's Food Festivals" (by Joan Steinbacher, 6x9 paperback, 200 pages, ISBN-10: 0-9779846-0-5, ISBN-13: 978-0-9779846-0-2) is available for sale online at http://www.FoodFestGuide.com , Amazon.com, Borders.com, and through additional wholesale and retail channels worldwide. Or order direct from the publisher (Bee Cliff Press, Box 8598, Seminole, FL 33775).
About the Author:
Joan Steinbacher is a writer, information technology professional, and avid food fest fanatic. She has lived on the Gulf Coast and enjoyed Florida's food festivals for over fifteen years.
Media kits, review copies, and interviews available upon request.