New Orleans, LA (PRWEB) August 2, 2007
The Renaissance Pere Marquette in New Orleans' French Quarter is getting jazzed up as the unique property embarks on a $5 million renovation, the first in its history.
The makeover is happening in two phases, with the first beginning July 1 and the second kicking off September 12. Phase one of the renovations will encompass major changes to several key public areas of this New Orleans boutique hotel, including the introduction of a brand new restaurant helmed by a soon-to-be-revealed celebrity chef, a transformation of the front desk and concierge areas, and upgrades to the elevator interiors and foyer. These refurbishments are expected to be complete by September 12, 2007. Phase two of the project, with an anticipated end date of December 15, will include a reinvention of this New Orleans hotel's "great room" area, creation of a lobby bar, the addition of a Starbucks, and more.
With New Orleans undergoing a renaissance of its own, the hotel will play an integral role in the city's revitalization. Below is a highlight of significant developments taking place at this French Quarter landmark hotel:
Phase One (July 1 - September 12, 2007)
- Restaurant - The hotel is introducing a new restaurant concept and culinary experience that will be headed by a soon-to-be-revealed celebrity chef.
- Front Desk/Concierge Area - The relocation and renovation of the front desk and concierge areas will allow guests to check in at either location and will also add two self check-in kiosks.
- Elevator Foyer and Interiors - Upgrades will be made to elevator cab interiors and the foyer area.
Phase Two (September 12 - December 15, 2007)
- Lobby/ Bar - The new and vibrant jazz-themed bar will offer weekly live music and exclusive special appearances by renowned musicians.
- "Great Room" - The "great room" concept will be carried throughout the lobby area and will add scents, jazz music, set lighting and decorative accessories to enhance guests' sense of arrival. Additionally, the "great room" will include an area with books and magazines for guests and wireless Internet throughout. The "great room" is designed to be the hub of social interaction, as well as a respite for guests who want to be alone outside their rooms.
- Starbucks - The lobby area will offer a "We Proudly Brew" Starbucks kiosk.
- Meeting Space - The carpeting in the hotel's 6,500 square feet of meeting space will be replaced.
"The hotel's distinctive jazz theme, unique design and excellence in service have been its signatures since opening," said Frank Zumbo, general manager for the New Orleans French Quarter hotel. "This new, multi-million-dollar renovation will only help us enhance our guests' experience and solidify our positioning as a major player in New Orleans' competitive hotel market."
About the Renaissance Pere Marquette
Experience a beautiful, contemporary New Orleans boutique hotel situated on the edge of the legendary French Quarter at the Renaissance Pere Marquette. Located only one block from Bourbon Street, this historic New Orleans French Quarter hotel is also in close proximity to the Audubon Zoo and the Superdome. Originally built in 1925, this "skyscraper" was reborn as a sophisticated jazz inspired hotel offering 272 stylish rooms and suites with luxurious amenities. Whimsical decor, spacious baths, and Herman Miller Aeron Chairs in every accommodation enhance your stay at this New Orleans hotel in the French Quarter. Plan extraordinarily unique events in the 6,600-sq-feet of meeting and banquet space, ideal for corporate conferences, as well as social gatherings. Discover a French Quarter landmark hotel that allows you to "Dream with the Legends of Jazz" in the trendy Renaissance Pere Marquette Hotel. For more information or to make a reservation, call 1-800-HOTELS-1 or visit http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/msybr-renaissance-pere-marquette-hotel/.