Network professionals can do more with NetZoom and Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007 than ever before
Lisle, Illinois (PRWEB) August 1, 2007 –-
Altima Technologies today announced the release of NetZoom™ 6 (http://www.NetZoom.net), the most substantial update to its leading network design and diagramming solution for IT and audio/video networks. NetZoom features a library of up to 80,000+ manufacturer-specific equipment shapes and stencils from manufacturers like Cisco, Dell, APC, Chatsworth, Sony and Marantz for physical and logical network diagrams. NetZoom 6 adds new tools for rack and data center design, easy library updates, managing custom equipment properties and accessing the NetZoom library via Microsoft© Office Research.
“NetZoom 6 makes network, rack and data center design easier than ever before,” says Sara Clark, President of Altima Technologies. “When you couple our library of network shapes with tools like our new RackBuilder, which creates front and rear views simultaneously in real-time, NetZoom is the new killer-app for anyone in network design, administration and management.”
“Network professionals can do more with NetZoom and Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007 than ever before,” says Richard Smith, senior product manager at Microsoft Corp. “NetZoom takes advantage of Microsoft Office 2007’s rich platform with new rack and data center design tools in Visio 2007 and convenient web-based search tools in Microsoft Office Research. NetZoom 6 provides an excellent platform on which to extend that value of solutions delivered in the IT and Network Management space.”
Its all-new interface lets users access a wide array of new tools built into NetZoom:
- RackBuilder: No matter how many racks you need to design and diagram, NetZoom helps you diagram them faster than ever. As you build one view of a rack, RackBuilder creates other views simultaneously in real-time. Drag a shape to your rack, move it around or swap it out for something else. Whatever you do, NetZoom stays in step with your moves.
- Data Center Wizard: Managing a data center is time-consuming and challenging, but diagramming it shouldn’t be. Diagram your data center floor from a bird’s eye view, analyze spacing/environmental factors and view cumulative rack properties. Drill down to build and view your data center rack by rack.
- Revamped User Interface: NetZoom's completely revamped user interface is more than a pretty face. It is designed to let you get what you need and go. Searching for equipment shapes is fast and easy. Users can customize design projects dozens of ways.
- Smart Update: Update shapes and stencils right inside NetZoom. Best of all, users can select individual manufacturers and product lines, updating only the equipment they need for their projects. Just click on the manufacturers and product lines you need and Smart Update takes care of the rest.
- NetZoom Web Services: Services for network professionals on-the-go. Wherever you have Microsoft® Office and an Internet connection, users can search and access the very latest NetZoom shapes, Visio stencils and manufacturer specs using the Microsoft® Office Research task pane.
- NetZoom LiveSearch: Search and drag shapes directly from the NetZoom Shape Server to your diagram. No downloads, no discs, no waiting.
- Device Property Manager: When you need to document information specific to your network, like purchase, warranty or installation data, NetZoom lets you manage and apply all of this data by project and individual equipment types. While NetZoom shapes come with common equipment properties important to all networks, you can now easily add what is important to you.
- Cross-Referencing: Network consultants that make recommendations on equipment purchases can quickly compare and reference equipment information from multiple manufacturers with user-defined databases in NetZoom.
- Backup and Restore: Backup and restore user settings, your local shape library, project settings and project databases. Whether disaster hits or you are migrating to a new workstation, Backup and Restore preserves all your valuable NetZoom data.
Pricing & Availability
NetZoom 6 is available with four different libraries:
- Universal: Our all-in-one library of Computer/Telecom, Logical and Audio/Video shapes and Visio stencils. It has over 80,000 manufacturer-specific equipment shapes and stencils from over 3,000 hardware manufacturers of network and audio/video equipment, as well as our complete collection of shapes for logical diagrams.
- Computer/Telecom: The library for IT network professionals. It has over 65,000 equipment shapes and stencils from over 1,700 of the leading suppliers of network and server infrastructure components, including Cisco, Dell, HP, APC, Chatsworth, IBM, Sun and thousands of others.
- Logical: For logical network diagrams, the NetZoom Logical library contains over 1,500 high-quality shapes. It includes logical equipment symbols, cables/connectors, software symbols, network layout symbols and many more types for logical and other network diagramming projects.
- Audio/Video: The ultimate resource for A/V design professionals, with over 25,000 shapes and stencils from over 1,000 manufacturers, including Elan, AMX, Escient, Lutron, Marantz, Bang and Olufsen, Mitsubishi, Sony, and thousands of others.
NetZoom is available as a renewable 12-month subscription that allows users to download free updates to their NetZoom library, submit free shape requests and obtain technical support. Licenses can be purchased in the form of single-user, five-user and ten-user packs. NetZoom 6 will be available for Internet download and users may purchase a Media Pack, which includes an installation DVD, a user guide and two shape updates shipped via DVD. Visit http://www.NetZoom.net for pricing by subscription and user packs.
Free Upgrade for Current NetZoom Subscribers
As part of the initial launch, Altima Technologies will offer current NetZoom subscribers an upgrade to NetZoom 6 for free.
About Altima Technologies
Altima Technologies, Inc., founded in 1995, is an Illinois corporation with headquarters in the Chicago area. Altima has pioneered revolutionary solutions in the areas of network design, diagramming, and documentation, enabling IT professionals to more effectively design, manage and optimize their networks. Altima is recognized worldwide as the leading solution provider in these fields and offers custom shape and stencil solutions to clients and partners. For more information about Altima or to learn more about our customized solutions, visit http://www.NetZoom.net or call 630.281.6464.
Marketing Manager, Altima Technologies, Inc.
Sean.Lindo @ AltimaTech.com