Rapid City, SD (PRWEB) August 7, 2007
Harley-davidson.com/sturgis is the place to check out the action from the Rally, with daily updates from all over the area thanks to a staff of more than a dozen biker-writers, professional photographers, videographers and editors. The Sturgis Rally coverage will include daily updates of blogs, photos and videos including:
- The Journey There - Experience the journey to the Mecca of motorcycling through the eyes of rider Peter Reitzfeld, a New York-based photographer who's been riding motorcycles since he was nine years old. His journey to the Sturgis Rally comes to life via his blog on H-D.com and through photos while he's on the ground at the Rally.
- Inside Sturgis - Harley-Davidson's own Jessica Craker, a rider and writer, will report from Sturgis on all the action. She'll cover activities at the Rushmore Plaza in Rapid City, employees' perspective on the Rally and more.
- Endless Roads - A daily blog with Steve Natt. Steve combines more than 25 years of experience as a car and motorcycle mechanic, 17 years as a motor journalist, 15 years as a TV writer-producer, and experience as host of the series, Life in the Fast Lane with Steve Natt. Get his take on the Rally.
- Kickin' It - Punk rock band The Bouncing Souls released their sixth album in 2006 prior to hitting the road with the Warped Tour touring music festival. Band members Bryan Kienlen and Pete Steinkopf will showcase the "must see" venues and experience the "you haven't done Sturgis, unless" events.
- Rumblings - Includes community features such as an interactive map, as well as enthusiast-submitted photos and comments detailing their experiences at the Stugis Rally.
- Photo Gallery - Professional photographers, including award-winning photographer Peter Turnley, will cover the Rally. Peter's work has been featured in prominent publications such as Newsweek. He has covered the Harley-Davidson 100th Anniversary and past Daytona and Sturgis rallies. Photos will be uploaded daily to provide an online glimpse of Sturgis.
- Downloads - Reminders of the 2007 edition of the Sturgis Rally will be available for download. Screensavers and wallpapers will keep the memory alive on enthusiasts' computers throughout the year.
In addition to the website features, web cams positioned at the Harley-Davidson Road Tour's Festival site at Rapid City's Rushmore Plaza Civic Center will stream live footage direct from the rally to the computers of millions of enthusiasts through online banner ads and a Harley "Live at Sturgis" Google Gadget.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company, the only major U.S.-based motorcycle manufacturer, produces heavyweight motorcycles and a complete line of motorcycle parts, accessories and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson's Web site at http://www.harley-davidson.com.