Tempe, AZ (PRWEB) August 3, 2007
Invest Southwest announced that its next annual conference will be held on Thursday, December 13, 2007, at the Four Seasons Resort, Scottsdale at Troon North, with an Investors Reception on Wednesday evening, December 12.
For over 15 years, Invest Southwest (including its predecessors, the Arizona Venture Capital Conference and the Arizona Angel Investment Conference) has been an ideal venue for investors to connect with the Southwest's most promising ventures. Investors and venture capitalists from across the country will gather to see the "Best of the Southwest" companies present their business plans and investment opportunities. The conference includes an investor seminar, a nationally-recognized keynote speaker, and a presenting company exhibit hall, where investors can meet one-on-one with the presenting companies.
Richard Stagg, Snell & Wilmer LLP, has been named as Invest Southwest Conference Chair and Dave Bittner, Beanstalk CFO Group, the Vice Chair. Richard said, "We look forward to building on the success of last year's inaugural event, which included 13 promising early-stage companies, of which six have received funding."
The best presenters from throughout the Southwestern U.S. will be selected to participate in the 2007 Invest Southwest Conference by the conference screening panel, which includes:
- Gregg Adkin, Valley Ventures
- Sherman Chu, Grayhawk Venture Partners
- Tom Fencl, Green, Manning & Bunch
- Eric Filipek, Kennet Partners
- Scott Foote, Square 1 Bank
- Harry George, Solstice Capital
- Rick Gibson, HOTventures
- Debra Guerin Beresini, International Venture Fund I
- John Hall, Horizon Ventures
- Dee Harris, Alare Capital Partners
- Trevor Loy, Flywheel Ventures
- John Mascarenas, Intel Capital
- Jerry Mattingly, New Mexico Private Investors, Inc.
- Andy Moorer, The Miller Group
- Rob Moss, Business Development Partners Alliance
- Brian O'Malley, Battery Ventures
- Brian Smith, Peninsula Equity
- Stephanie Spong, Wasatch Venture Fund
- Dan Wood, Inglewood Ventures
- Travis Wood, Silicon Valley Bank
Tuesday, August 7, 2007, is the deadline for presenter applications. Companies applying to be selected to present at the conference should be an early-to-mid-stage business seeking a minimum of $250,000 to $5 million in equity capital.
In addition, each presenting company will compete for a Best Company Award. The company chosen for the Best Company Award will receive a combination of cash and business services in excess of $25,000.
ASU Technopolis is the Administrative Host for the Invest Southwest conference. For more information on Invest Southwest, or to apply, go online to http://www.investsouthwest.org or call ASU Technopolis at 480-727-9010.