San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) August 6, 2007
mebeam (http://www.mebeam.com) today launched a web-based beta version service enabling users to instantly and easily video conference with up to 8 of their friends and business associates for free. Now, with only a webcam and a microphone, Internet users will have free access to the service, without the need for download or registration, enabling high quality audio and video communications with multiple parties.
By simply going to http://www.mebeam.com and typing in an agreed video room name, users can instantly see and talk clearly to any friends or associates anywhere in the world.
Key features of mebeam include:
- web-based platform which doesn't require any software download or registration
- Version 1.0 can be embedded into any Web page including social networking sites like MySpace and Facebook and any blog sites, thereby enabling the hosts to communicate simply and easily with visitors to their page.
- the ability to link into any Instant Messaging sites such as Yahoo, msn, Googletalk and Skype, so that friends can be added automatically to their video conference.
User benefits of mebeam include:
- high quality video and audio functionality
- high speed performance and low CPU processing and bandwidth consumption
mebeam is an innovative web-based service which is platform independent and operates on Windows, Mac, Linux and Solaris. The back end is proprietary, is highly scalable and is extremely efficient. Current infrastructure will manage up to 50 million video sessions per day.