Boca Raton, FL (PRWEB) August 8, 2007
Crawler, LLC, provider of free Crawler™ software, announces the release of new Web Security Guard 1.5, a free powerful Internet threat prevention application. Riding the wave of success since Web Security Guard's initial release, the company has quickly produced new enhancements to further evolve the product and increase user security and safe browsing on the Internet.
Additionally, Web Security Guard 1.5 becomes a heavy weight contender in the industry when coupled with its sister product Spyware Terminator™ 2.0 antispyware, producing a totally free, full Internet security suite available to consumers and businesses. The key enhancements of version 1.5 include:
- Multiple Language Support - Web Security Guard installer, application and website reports have been translated from English into Portuguese, Spanish, Czech, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, French and German with other languages following soon
- New User Account Management - Web Security Guard enables users to create their user account and publish their reviews under their name or nickname
- Database of Rated Websites Extended - the number of website ratings in Web Security Guard's database has doubled since the previous release
- Web Security Guard Database Integration with Spyware Terminator 2.0 -
Web Security Guard's database of website ratings powers new features of Spyware Terminator including Internet protection, cookies and favorites scans, providing full Internet security to users
- Improved Updates Interface - users can check the progress of the update process in real-time
- New Settings Dialog Interface - settings window for Microsoft® Internet Explorer® and Mozilla® Firefox® has been unified into one user preferred mode
- Performance Improvements - additional improvements have been applied to boost Web Security Guard's overall performance
The new user account management tool was built as the precursor of a new long-term website rating program whose infrastructure is currently under construction. The user account creation is the first step towards an easy-to-use comprehensive website rating facility which Web Security Guard's user community urged to have implemented.
"Web Security Guard 1.5 is a very important release for the product's future. Version 1.5 lays the foundation on which a multilingual Web Security Guard community can grow," said Robert Oesterlund, CEO. "Our efforts in building and supporting a good quality user base and its website rating activity will directly influence the quality of Web Security Guard's protection level."
Portuguese, Spanish and other languages will make Web Security Guard accessible to many non-English speaking users. Supporting Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, Web Security Guard is freely available at its http://www.websecurityguard.com website. Additionally, Web Security Guard is also offered bundled with Spyware Terminator, creating a totally free, full Internet security software suite for consumer and business use and is available on the Spyware Terminator website at http://www.spywareterminator.com.
About Crawler, LLC:
Crawler, LLC is a leading innovator of search technology and software applications focusing on rich, interactive experiences and safety for consumers and businesses. Crawler products are meticulously developed and are highly ranked by industry experts and users alike. The company is dedicated to the idea that everyone worldwide should have access to free software. Crawler, LLC is one of a family of companies in the Xacti Group. Xacti has a global mission to create and operate a diversified portfolio of scalable businesses through the innovative use of technology. To learn more, visit http://www.crawler.com and http://www.xacti.com.
Note to editors: Crawler, Spyware Terminator and Web Security Guard are trademarks of Crawler, LLC. Mozilla and Firefox are registered trademarks of the Mozilla Foundation. Microsoft and Internet Explorer are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Other company or products mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.