Irvine, California (PRWEB) August 8, 2007
Lockheed Martin Corporation will host the Supplier Excellence Alliance (SEA) Member Conference on September 20, 2007 at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda, One Bethesda Metro Center, Bethesda, Maryland. An opening Reception on the evening of September 19 will precede the Member Conference.
SEA is a non-profit alliance of leading aerospace and defense primes and tier-one contractors and leading sub-tier suppliers dedicated to transforming the U.S. supply chain. SEA helps suppliers improve performance, expand capabilities, and collaborate to produce breakthrough, integrated supply chain solutions.
SEA Member Conferences are educational forums that focus on the special needs of small and mid-sized supplier companies.
Conference highlights include:
- Key Note Speaker Michael Joyce, Vice President - Lean, Lockheed Martin. Mr. Joyce will share his insights on the deployment of lean within Lockheed Martin and its supply chain.
- A Process Stability demonstration by SEA certified consultant Daniel Feiman.
- Supplier presentations on the impressive results achieved through implementation of the SEA Lean Enterprise System.
- A presentation by two supplier companies currently implementing the SEA Lean Enterprise System on achieving Stage One SEA Certification.
- An update on the Top 10 supply chain issues which were identified during the February 1, 2007 SEA Member Conference, with a special focus on the top four issues.
SEA member companies represented on its board of directors include BAE Systems, The Boeing Company, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman Company, United Technologies, Parker Aerospace, Rockwell Collins, Cessna Aircraft Company, Honeywell, TW Metals, Bombardier, Hitco Carbon Composites, Firth Rixson, Dresser-Rand, Roberts Tool Company, Cristek Interconnects, Photo Etch Company, Smiths Aerospace, Bodycote Thermal Processing and DRS Technologies.
SEA partners and alliances include: Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG), California Council for Excellence, U.S. Mexico Chamber of Commerce, California Employment Training Panel, California Space Authority, UAW-Labor Employment and Training Corporation, CONNSTEP, Inc., Alliance for Manufacturing & Technology (AM&T), ASG Renaissance, and Net-Inspect.
To register to attend the SEA Member Conference, please RSVP to Ms. Hilda Pacheco-Taylor at (949) 476-1144, extension 316 or via email at Hilda(@)seaonline.org. To learn more about SEA visit the SEA website at http://www.seaonline.org.