Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) August 11, 2007
The Atlanta Marriott Marquis is setting new standards with its massive $138 million renovation that began in August 2005. Offering guests highly personalized attention and services and infusing the hotel with personality and local flavor are key elements of the repositioning
The Atlanta Marriott Marquis, a John Portman-designed hotel featuring the world's largest atrium, opened Pulse on July 9 - the Marquis' "classically cool" cocktail lounge. Pulse is marked by a 50-foot-tall sail, the iconic symbol of the hotel and its new personality. Pulse will also have a beat - literally. An audible heartbeat sounds in the Atlanta hotel's lobby to signify the "mood" of the hotel, complemented by a color-changing light show that changes throughout the day.
"The renovation has generated a significant buzz among our clientele and that's because it delivers exactly what they want: style, function, convenience and service," said Chris Anderson, director of sales and marketing. "This renovation will enhance the comfort level our guests have come to expect, as well as appeal to the growing Gen X business traveler market."
Renovations at the downtown Atlanta hotel already completed include:
- Addition of three new food and beverage venues:
o Pulse - a deluxe smoothie bar in the morning and the center of the social hour after 6 p.m.
o Sear - the signature restaurant of the hotel is a chic, fire-inspired venue with exquisite décor featuring seared steaks and seafood, a visible kitchen throughout the dining room and serving 140 varieties of wines
o High Velocity - as one of the largest in Atlanta, High Velocity is taking sports bars to a whole new level featuring 21 plasma televisions, serving 24 varieties of beer fresh from the tap and including its very own Media Room with a 40-foot matrix projection screen
- Renovations of 1,663 guestrooms and 94 suites
- Further expansion of Atlanta's already-largest concierge lounge, with floor-to-ceiling windows offering sweeping views of Atlanta, as well as full-service business and leisure amenities
- Additional eight Atrium Level meeting rooms with over 11,000 square feet of total space
- Remodeling of the Imperial Ballroom and 15 meeting rooms on the Marquis Level
- Remodeling of 12 breakout meeting rooms on the Lobby Level; an ideal addition to an Atlanta Convention Center hotel
- Introduction of the MStore offering gourmet deli, refreshments, sundries and gifts
- Addition of an on-site, fully-licensed Starbucks
- The hotel's impressive porte cacher
- New indoor/outdoor swimming pool overlooking the Atlanta skyline, bound to be an under-the-stars hotspot with its neighboring, posh new Pool Bar
Exciting remaining projects include the new 6,000 square-foot Health Club and Spa, opening March 2008; the complete redesign of the signature Marquis Ballroom, coming in May 2008; and an additional 25,000 square-foot Atrium Ballroom, slated for completion July 2008.
One of the most popular convention and vacation destinations in the region, the Atlanta, GA hotel will further enhance its popularity with cutting edge convention facilities, modern technologies and contemporary culinary and BarArts experiences.
About the Atlanta Marriott Marquis
All guest rooms and suites at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis Hotel offer luxurious comfort.. The residential inspired design is clean and crisp, with simple forms, straight lines and uncluttered surfaces. Guests will wake up refreshed and ready to seize the day thanks to the new Revive® bedding, with plusher mattresses, softer sheets and more pillows. An ergonomic desk and chair, high-speed Internet, and soon-to-arrive flat panel HDTV's will enhance productivity and provide hours of entertainment. The Atlanta Marriott Marquis Hotel near Georgia Dome, is also conveniently located near the Georgia World Congress Center, Phillips Arena, Turner Field, Atlantic Station and the newly opened Georgia Aquarium. For more information or to book a meeting, call (800) 780-0983, or visit http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/atlmq-atlanta-marriott-marquis/.