La Jolla, CA (PRWEB) August 13, 2007
Innovative effects designer and technology developer NewBlue, Inc. (http://www.newbluefx.com) announced today the inclusion of select NewBlueFX plugins in the latest release of Sony Movie Studio Platinum. Collectively entitled NewBlueFX MSP, the offering features more than 100 dazzling effects chosen from the NewBlue Art Effects and NewBlue Motion Blends products, as well as the NewBlue Color Fixer plugin.
In delivering NewBlueFX MSP, NewBlue worked closely with Sony to give its customers powerful effects features with minimal learning curve. Explains Matthew Brohn, Product Manager for Sony Creative Software, Inc., "NewBlue plugins provide Sony Movie Studio Platinum users with the best of all worlds. NewBlueFX technologies combine elegant UIs with innovative visual techniques our users love."
The NewBlueFX MSP release marks the continuation of NewBlue's relationship with Sony Creative Software. "We're pleased to continue working with Sony," adds Melissa Jordan Grey, NewBlue's chief strategic officer. "The Sony Vegas line provides features and benefits to video enthusiasts and professionals of all interest levels and capabilities."
NewBlueFX MSP includes seven transitions from the NewBlue Art Effects collection:
- Air Brush, which creates an airbrushed effect by smoothing colors while maintaining sharp edges.
- Colorize, which creates the look of hand painted black-and-white film.
- Dream Glow, which amplifies the lighter regions of the image with light that bathes everything surrounding it.
- Duochrome, which applies two colors to a video image to create a special two-color-only image.
- Line Drawing which converts the video image into a pencil sketch on a blank sheet of paper.
- Metallic, which paints the picture to look like it's hammered out of metal.
- Pastel Sketch, which blends the picture with a predefined color and draws sharp lines around the edges.
NewBlueFX MSP also includes three motion-based video transitions from the NewBlue Motion Blends collection:
- Shear, which transitions between two video clips by twisting the images with a shearing blur on two axes.
- Spin, which transitions between two video clips by rotating and blurring the image around any point in the picture.
- Wave, which transitions between two video clips by modulating the picture side to side in a rippling pattern oriented either vertically or horizontally.
Finally, NewBlueFX MSP includes the Color Fixer plugin, which quickly and easily balances the colors in a video clip to give it a more realistic appearance.
The entire NewBlueFX plugin collection can be found at http://www.newbluefx.com.
-About Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum-
Vegas® Movie Studio Platinum Edition software has everything you need to produce high-quality movies, corporate videos, wedding DVDs, and more. Easily edit video in almost any format including HDV and Sony AVCHD. Mix and encode surround sound. Includes DVD Architect™ Studio software and over 100 video effects and transitions from NewBlue®. Vegas Movie Studio Platinum is available for $119.95 directly from Sony Creative Software, as well as software retailers worldwide.
NewBlue, Inc., (http://www.newblueinc.com) privately-held by former Microsofties and industry-recognized software entrepreneurs, develops innovative audio, video and multimedia technologies for leading companies throughout the world.
The NewBlue team comprises experienced developers, musicians, artists, and software professionals with a unique and commanding set of skills, experience and talent. This collaborative range of talent and skill produces innovative and powerfully functional technology for the audio, video, multimedia and gaming communities
Founded in early 2002. NewBlue develops and licenses a range of proprietary technologies-- including the NewBlue Audio Engine and Audiomatrix technology platform-- that meet the varied multimedia needs of mid-and large-sized companies. In addition, NewBlue offers consulting services on a range of multimedia projects.
The company launched its NewBlueFX product line in 2006 to meet the needs of end-users who use digital video editing software. The collection of software plugins includes special audio and video effects, such as audio filters, noise reduction, equalization, compression and dozens of sophisticated graphic filters and transitions.
# # #