Hoboken, NJ (PRWEB) August 13, 2007
The events experts at Whatsonwhen, a John Wiley company, have announced the re-launch of the Whatsonwhen.com web site. Whatsonwhen.com, the award-winning UK-based worldwide event guide, has updated its site with more than 500 new destination guides to cities and summer/ski resorts. As well as events, each guide now includes attractions, shopping, eating, day trips, video clips, weather forecasting and mapping tools to help users plan a trip and not miss the best events anywhere in the world.
Rob Flynn, VP of Whatsonwhen, said, "The new look of Whatsonwhen.com provides thousands of compelling reasons to travel, whether your passion be art, music, sport -- or the weird and wonderful. And our new destination guides give you everything you need to plan a memorable trip in a concise, readable format."
The video section of the site, WOW TV, offers video from events around the world. These high-quality video clips bring site users directly to the event; just one easy click and they can see exactly the experience they will eventually have:
Pamplona Bull Run Video: http://www.whatsonwhen.com/sisp/index.htm?fx=video&video_id=14
- Feel the adrenaline thrill of the annual Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, Spain
- Take care not to become ketchup during Spain's La Tomatina tomato food-fight
- Toast the world at Munich, Germany's famous Oktoberfest
- Watch burly Finns racing each other in the offbeat Wife-Carrying competition
- Watch on-the-spot video from the famously outrageous Carnival in Brazil
Additionally, fresh new content has been added to http://www.whatsonwhen.com, including expanded features on events around the globe, covering all the festivals worth traveling to--from the Rio Carnival to London's Notting Hill parade to Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City. You no longer need to worry about missing the spring cherry blossoms in Kyoto, or the timing of the Palio in Italy…it's all here.
Other popular new features include:
- Quick search: site users can now search more than 17,000 events listings--each with a fun write-up and full details about how to get there, plus links to local tourist offices--by date, city, country, or even theme (from classical music performances and sports events to family-friendly events and arty happenings).
- 500 expert-written guides to cities and countries as diverse as Kazakhstan, Rome, and Cancún, as well as resorts and ski areas from California to the Cote d'Azur. Packed with pictures, these short, savvy guides are written by local experts with the know-how travelers need to enjoy a new destination.
- Google Maps and up-to-the-minute weather forecasts from the folks at Weather.com.
The re-launched Whatsonwhen.com does all the heavy lifting you need to plan your events calendar worldwide. Check it out today!
Whatsonwhen Limited, a John Wiley company based in London, UK, is a leading provider of travel and entertainment content and interactive services to the travel industry. The company was founded in 1999 to provide the best online information about the top events happening worldwide. The company has since evolved to offer a wide range of travel and entertainment solutions to third parties, including global events listings, destination guides, hotel property descriptions, and video and mapping services. Whatsonwhen now supplies, hosts, and maintains destination and event information for many of the world's most successful travel sites, including British Airways, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, and Eurostar, among others.