Le Mars, Iowa (PRWEB) August 14, 2007
Take a fun and exciting ride on a banana boat -- a banana split boat, that is. This August 25, celebrate National Banana Split Day by making a Banana Boat, an easy banana split recipe from Blue Bunny Ice Cream. To help make the Banana Boat extra delicious, make sure to use the five top banana split tips from Chef Joe Ciminera of Taste This T.V.
If you want a quick banana split -- or one every day of the year -- Blue Bunny has the answer with its Premium Banana Split ice cream. Also available in a lighter version, No Sugar Added Reduced Fat Banana Split, this ice cream features pineapple and cherry pieces swirled with strawberry-banana and fudge ribbons in creamy vanilla ice cream sprinkled with a medley of mixed nuts.
Chef Joe's Banana Split Tips
1) Make sure to split bananas lengthwise.
2) Always choose bananas that have some black spots.
3) Be sure to combine peanuts and chocolate in a banana split.
4) Never store bananas in the refrigerator before making a banana split.
5) Use Blue Bunny products if you want the best-tasting banana split ever.
Blue Bunny Banana Boat
Makes 6 servings
- 6 medium ripe bananas
- 1 carton of Blue Bunny Premium Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 carton of Blue Bunny Premium Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 carton of Blue Bunny Premium Double Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 jar chocolate ice cream topping
- 1 jar strawberry ice cream topping
- Whipped cream
- Chopped peanuts
- Maraschino cherries
1. Place one scoop of each flavor (vanilla, chocolate and strawberry) in banana boat dish.
2. Split banana lengthwise with peel on. Remove peel.
3. Place half of banana on each side of the dish, flat side facing ice cream.
4. Spoon caramel topping on chocolate ice cream scoop.
5. Spoon chocolate topping on vanilla ice cream scoop.
6. Spoon strawberry topping on strawberry ice cream scoop.
7. Garnish with whipped cream, chopped peanuts and maraschino cherries.
Blue Bunny products are available at retailers nationwide. For more innovative recipes, visit http://www.bluebunny.com.
About Wells' Dairy
Since 1913, the colossally creative artisans at Wells' Dairy, Inc., the largest family-owned and managed dairy processor in the United States, have been hard at work adding a little joy to life putting all things chunky, chewy, rich and gooey into Blue Bunny® ice cream. Today, ice cream aficionados throughout the United States, Mexico and Puerto Rico can indulge themselves and choose from nearly 500 tantalizingly tasty Blue Bunny ice cream flavors, frozen dairy desserts and delectable novelties. Be the first to find out about new Blue Bunny products by becoming an iScream Team member at http://www.bluebunny.com.
Blue Bunny is made in Le Mars, Iowa: The Ice Cream Capital of the World. More ice cream is made in Le Mars than any other place on the planet. Visitors to Le Mars are always welcome at The Ice Cream Capital of the World Visitor Center. While there, they'll learn all about the history of ice cream, Wells' Dairy and Blue Bunny, experience fascinating interactive exhibits and get a glimpse at how America's favorite treat is made. Afterwards, thy can stroll next door to an authentic, old-fashioned, honest-to-goodness soda fountain and indulge in their favorite ice cream creation.
For more information, please contact Amy Goostree at agoostree @ barkleyus.com or (816) 423-6058. For more information on Wells' Dairy and Blue Bunny, visit the Media Center at http://www.wellsdairy.com.
# # #