Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) August 16, 2007
Technika, a distributor of environmental measurement instruments, announced a new Electro Magnetic Emissions (EMF) Meter, the 840045.
- Measures electromagnetic fields of extremely low frequency of 30 to 300Hz.
- The EMF meter reads magnetic field emissions from electrical power lines, transformers, home wiring, cell phones, computers, HVAC, audio/video equipment and many other types of electrical appliances and equipment.
- Displays milli-Gauss and micro-Tesla
- Data hold and maximum hold function
- Low battery indicator and over load (OL) display
While the evidence of the carcinogenic effect of electromagnetic emissions is still inconclusive, prudent avoidance is recommended to excess exposure over long periods of time. The EMF meter reads milli-Gauss (Gauss is a common unit of measurement of magnetic field strength) and micro-Tesla on a large 1¼" high backlit display. Powered by a 9v battery, the 840045 can take readings for approximately 100 hours. The unit ships with a battery, instructions and a soft carrying case.
Dimensions: 5¼" x 2¼" x 1¼" (130 x 56 x 38 mm) - Weight: 6oz (170g).
- Display: 3½ digits, maximum reading 1999
- Frequency (band): 30 to 300Hz
- Axis: Single
- Sampling Time: 2.5 times per second
- Operating Temp: 41°F ~ 122°F (5°C ~ 50°C)
- Operating RH: less than 80% RH
Unit of Measure:
- Range:0.1 ~ 2000mG
- Resolution: 0.1 ~ 1
- Accuracy: ±2.5% 3d
- Range: 0.01 ~ 200uT
- Resolution: 0.01 ~ 0.1
- Accuracy: @50/60Hz
Technika sells environmental measurement instruments to scientists, lab technicians and environmental quality engineers and consultants -- at the most competitive price on the Internet. A majority of the measurement instruments are portable and self-contained for use in the field or in the lab. Instruments are built using the latest developments in microprocessor technology and manufacturing techniques and standards ensuring the most precise measurements possible. Technika also offers NIST traceable certification of calibration on most of its products.
# # #