Des Moines, IA (PRWEB) August 17, 2007
CustomerVision Inc., a leader in enterprise wiki solutions, today unveiled RapidWiki, their new "Wiki as a Website" product. RapidWiki is expected to pioneer a new generation of small and medium sized business websites. With this groundbreaking new product, small and medium sized businesses will soon be able to offer more dynamic, relevant content to their customers, partners and employees, making current small business sites seem outdated and static.
Available immediately, CustomerVision's RapidWiki incorporates Web 2.0 features such as collaborative editing, Wiki Widgets and RSS, as well as content management functionality such as site design, permissions and advanced search. CustomerVision RapidWiki makes it easy for an organization to transition from a static, brochure site to a dynamic next generation site that constantly evolves and adapts to customer needs.
"Over the last few years, small and medium sized businesses have made great progress establishing Web sites and enabling customers to learn about products and services online, but it's time to go beyond static web sites," said Cindy Rockwell, president and CEO of CustomerVision. "Combining Web 2.0 innovation with traditional content management features will enable us to provide small and medium sized businesses with more control over their websites than they have ever had."
"Our new RapidWiki based website finally puts us in control of our site," said Dr. Steve Moe, founder of Accelerated Performance Clinic. "With RapidWiki, we're able to update our site multiple times a week. Our new website has helped us get closer to our existing clients and has helped in bringing in new clients after viewing the testimonials and video demonstrations on our site."
"For many customers our website is the face of our business, any product that allows us to communicate more effectively with customers and prospects is extremely valuable," said Rick Valentine, CEO, Midwest Mortgage Partners. "RapidWiki has improved the productivity of our business. Because it allows us to manage our own site without the need for IT we are able to serve our customers better."
"Many companies have invested considerable time and expense building fancy brochure sites," said Michael Dressler, CEO, WikiExperts, Inc., a noted industry expert. "CustomerVision RapidWiki combines Web 2.0 innovation and content management strength to bring unprecedented functionality to the SMB market."
RapidWiki represents a major advancement over the current static website approach used by millions of small business:
- Easy and Adaptable: RapidWiki requires no client software other than a web browser. It's easy to use and has been built so non-technical users can quickly publish content. A RapidWiki site is built with reusable components called Wiki Widgets. They can be quickly and easily combined to create a website which exactly fits your business requirements.
- Built for Your Needs: RapidWiki has an easy to use editor, much like a simple version of a word processor. Basic elements such as page title, images, links and tables are easily created. It also offers advanced features such as the ability to add Flash files and build web forms.
- Permissions and Version Control: RapidWiki users can be given access rights based on their roles. Each user can be set-up with any combination of rights to view, author and publish content. And each time a page is updated RapidWiki keeps a copy of the previous version. This makes it easy to track changes, role back unwanted changes and keep an archive for later reference.
- Control the Publishing Process: You control when content is published, updated or removed and an integrated category system lets you group pages by subject and enables you to control where pages will appear on the website. You can also designate content to be automatically published or removed on a given date. RapidWiki has built in image and file management, supporting GIF and Jpeg image formats and file formats such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe PDF.
- Simple but Powerful Search: The simple search interface allows users to find what they need quickly. RapidWiki's full text search allows users to narrow the search down to exactly what they're looking for and search by category, exact phrase, all words or any words. The site owner has the option to display search results based on date created, date modified, popularity (based on user views) or alphabetical.
- Ask the Expert and Discussion Forums: RapidWiki's Ask the Expert feature allows users to submit questions that are routed to a designated expert or groups of experts based on topic. Questions are answered privately then become available to be published as new pages. The Discussion feature is used to set up and manage discussion forums, which can be moderated or un-moderated and threaded or unthreaded. The forums can be standalone or associated with any page.
"CustomerVision is a recognized industry leader in the enterprise wiki market, and now we're strengthening our leadership position by announcing the world's first "Wiki as a Website" product," said Brian Keairns, Vice President of Product Management for CustomerVision. "CustomerVision products are specifically designed to make it easy and dependable for organizations to access and manage their site anytime, anywhere with just a web browser. CustomerVision's products combine ease of use and simplicity with powerful features normally only found in high end content management systems."
The CustomerVision RapidWiki product announced today is available as a hosted service, requiring no installation of any hardware or software. RapidWiki provides secure administrative functions that allow all product functionality to be accessed anytime, anyplace with a simple web interface.
Price and Availability
CustomerVision RapidWiki "Wiki as a Website" is available starting as low as $100.00 a month. RapidWiki is available worldwide through resellers and at http://www.rapidwiki.com.
CustomerVision is a leader in bringing wiki and web 2.0 innovations to business users. CustomerVision's primary products are BizWiki for enterprise collaboration and knowledge sharing and RapidWiki for small and medium sized business websites. BizWiki allows enterprise lines of business to easily maximize their return on investment and increase their competitive advantage by enabling decentralized teams to dynamically collaborate & share valuable knowledge. RapidWiki allows small and medium sized businesses to move beyond static websites and provide their users a dynamic web experience. For more information, visit http://www.customervision.com or call 877-824-0181.
CustomerVision is a registered trademark of CustomerVision, Inc. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.