Northridge, Calif. (PRWEB) August 17, 2007
Whole Children Whole Planet - http://www.wcwpexpo.com - will present its second annual premier natural parenting and family expo on May 17-18, 2008. The event is designed to educate and empower both the young and the young at heart (and all those in-between) about the benefits of safe, natural and non-toxic products (body, personal care, cleaning, building, gardening, etc.), sustainable living practices, enrichment learning programs, holistic medicine, organic foods (without sugar, food dyes, chemicals or preservatives) and important environmental issues to protect our children and the planet.
The Host Sponsor and new venue for Whole Children, Whole Planet Expo 2008 is Highland Hall Waldorf School - http://www.highlandhall.org - in Northridge California on their 11-acre campus in the heart of the San Fernando Valley (15-20 minutes north of the Los Angeles Westside.)
In an effort to sustain the highest of environmental and holistic integrity in the creation of the Whole Children, Whole Planet Expo, Arnos has recently formed an Advisory Board. http://www.wcwpexpo.com/AdvisoryBoard.html The carefully selected Board members are true experts and respected individuals with vast knowledge and passion within their fields, and the community.
- Ed Begley Jr., Hollywood actor, writer, director and leader in Hollywood's environmental community; creator of Begley's Best bio-degradable cleaning products and co-star of the reality docu-soap "Living with Ed" on HGTV. http://www.livingwithed.net/
- Jay Gordon M.D., Pediatrician and Author of Listening to Your Baby: A New Approach to Parenting your Newborn and Good Nights! A Happy Parents' Guide to The Family Bed. http://www.drjaygordon.com/development/index.asp
- Lynne Paige Walker, Pharm.D., RPh., MTCM, LAc.,D.H.M. - Holds a doctorate in Pharmacy, a master's in Chinese herbology and acupuncture, and a doctorate in homeopathy. She is the co-author of seven books including Nature's Pharmacy For Children (Three Rivers Press).
- Robina Suwol - President of Beyond Pesticides, and Executive Director of California Safe Schools (CSS), a nationally celebrated children's environmental health coalition. http://www.calisafe.org/
- Mary Cordaro - Healthy home environmental specialist, Certified-Bau-Biologist, and the President and Founder of H3 Environmental®, a healthy home products consulting group.
Current media sponsors include:
Los Angeles Family Magazine
Sun Community Newspapers
Martha Stewart's Body + Soul
Environmental Media Association
Delicious Living Magazine
Stephen Stills Children's Music Project
National Geographic's The Green Guide
Life Learning Magazine
Natural Life Magazine
Children of the New Earth Magazine
Natural Child Magazine
The Aware Show
Join us for two days of entertainment and education.
Three Stages • Celebrities • Prizes • Samples • Natural Products • Food Court • 200 Exhibitors • Enrichment Village • Zero Waste Station • STAR Eco-Station's Walk-Through Rainforest and much more … Fun for all ages.
About Whole Children, Whole Planet
Whole Children, Whole Planet Expo was established in 2005 to address a need in our society for guidance in raising healthy children (and adults) mind, body and spirit. Parents have questions … we have answers. Our mission is to inspire change by engaging both children and adults through education and demonstration - an opportunity to be part of the solution. The event will empower families by providing them with information and the tools necessary for informed decision-making, as well as offer simple action plans to help preserve the planet for our future.