San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) August 19, 2007
Academy of Art University is proud to present Industry on Campus for Fall 2007. Every semester, Academy of Art University helps students realize their dreams by learning directly from working professionals about what it takes to be successful in the world of art and design. Professional artists, designers, alumni and company recruiters continually visit the campus to present individual work or company projects. Students see first-hand what's in the production pipeline, hear what companies look for when hiring and have the opportunity to ask key questions about the current projects and hiring policies.
Companies planning to visit Academy of Art University in Fall 2007:
- Walt Disney Television Animation, Burbank, CA - The animated television production division of The Walt Disney Company whose popular series include Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, TaleSpin and Kim Possible.
- Perkins Eastman, Oakland, CA - A leading international architecture, urban design, and interior design firm with offices worldwide including the US, Canada, Dubai and China. Clients include CBS, Pepsi, Pfizer, Ann Taylor and Time Inc.
- Nickelodeon Animation Studios, Burbank, CA - A leading animation studio for children's television and motion pictures whose popular programs include SpongeBob SquarePants, Rugrats and Jimmy Neutron.
- Fossil, Inc, Dallas, TX - A design, development, marketing and distribution company most well known for its stylish watches. The Fossil brand also designs apparel and accessories.
- R/GA, New York, NY - A cutting-edge advertising agency that specializes in top brands such as Nike, Levi's, Hilton, Nestle and IBM.
- Blue Sky Studios, White Plains, NY - An Academy Award winning CG studio that produces animation for the feature film, television and entertainment industries with projects such as Ice Age and the upcoming Horton Hears a Who!
- American Greetings, Cleveland, OH - A leading creator, manufacturer and distributor of social expression products including their well known one-of-a-kind greeting cards.
- Carmichael Lynch, Minneapolis, MN - A top advertising agency devoted to fueling passion between people and brands with top clients Porsche, Harley-Davidson, Borders, Kohl's and Hasbro.
- Coldwater Creek Inc, Sandpoint, ID - One of the fastest-growing retail brands in the country with over 200 stores.
- LeapFrog, Emeryville, CA - A leading designer, developer and marketer of educational products and toys including LeapPad, Leapster and FLY Fusion.
About Academy of Art University, San Francisco
With nearly 10,000 students, Academy of Art University is the nation's largest private art and design university. Established in 1929, the school offers accredited AA, BFA, M.Arch and MFA programs, as well as continuing art education with classes in copywriting, fashion merchandising, industrial design, new media, computer animation, sculpture, graphic design, cinematography, interior design, digital photography and car design. Students can also enroll in a flexible online degree program in art and design.
The Academy is nationally accredited by WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges), ACICS, NASAD, Council for Interior Design Accreditation (Formerly FIDER) (BFA-IAD), and NAAB (M-ARCH).
For more information visit http://www.academyart.edu or call 1-800-544-2787.