Flower Mound, TX (PRWEB) August 22, 2007 -–
This release revolutionizes developer productivity by greatly enhancing the Eclipse 3.3/Europa platform, adding components of Java 6 support and redefining AJAX productivity.
Additionally, MyEclipse 6.0 now offers advanced features and integration for Spring and Java Persistence Architecture (JPA) development. This industry-leading integration allows users to create entity managers and transaction manager beans, generate entities and DOA and much more through the cross-capabilities bridge created by MyEclipse.
"I am extremely proud of the current MyEclipse release," said Wayne Parrott, vice president of development for Genuitec. "MyEclipse customers will find that we are addressing many of the common ailments we see in today's environments and delivering a highly-productive, highly-customizable and user-friendly experience."
MyEclipse 6.0 includes the following enhancements over previous releases:
Platform and Installation Support
- Eclipse 3.3/Europa 1.0 compatible
- Java 5 & Java 6 support
- Windows (XP, Vista), Linux, Mac
Java EE 5 & Spring Feature Improvements
- EJB3 improved project flexibility, bean generation from DB schema
- Project actions to generate Entities and DAOs from DB schema
- Automatically maintains entity classes in persistence.xml
- Improved JPA project capabilities configuration
- Improved documentation and examples
- Spring 2.0 upgrade with enhanced configuration and management
- Hibernate upgrade
- Advanced Spring-JPA Integration
- JPA-Spring project configuration creates:
- Spring EntityManagerFactory & JpaTransactionManager beans
- annotation-driven configuration
- JPA Entity and DAO generated by reverse engineering from DB schema
- Updated documentation and examples
AJAX Development & Testing
- Apple Macintosh Support – all AJAX features now on Mac
- Improved AJAX Web Browser
- Improved AJAX Tools
- DOM Inspector – added filter/search support
- DOM Source view – real-time status and dynamic source editing
- New DOM Watcher View
- New CSS Viewer
- New DOM Compare View
- Suspend On conditions: (debugger keyword, exceptions, errors, startup)
- Launch configurations now support project files and URLs
- Launch configurations can be saved in projects
RAD Web Development
- Struts – 1.3 support with full libraries/configuration
- Extended JSF Designer to support the <ui:repeat tag> for editing content-assist and validation.
Matisse4MyEclipse Visual Swing Designer
- Matisse4MyEclipse Visual Swing Designer can now be installed in any Eclipse 3.3 instance without the full MyEclipse IDE Core. Get the most popular and advanced Swing Designer for Eclipse in a light-weight plugin footprint.
Rapid Java EE Deployment and Testing
- Automated project deployment and launch services
- Debug On MyEclipse Server & Run On MyEclipse Server
- Automatically deploys project and launches server in specified debug or run modes
- Automatically stops a running server before deployment
- Automatically redeploys an existing application deployment
- Sun Glassfish V2 new deployment/reloads
- MyEclipse Tomcat 6 Server – local integration, launches in one second
- MyEclipse Derby Server
- Automatically launch server on JDBC connection
- Configurable startup options
MyEclipse Learning Center (Help & Educational Material)
- Integrated example Java EE source code projects repository
- 1-Click install of MyEclipse Java EE example projects
"Delivering solutions that allow our customers to work smarter is our core business," said Genuitec CEO Maher Masri. "We free developers from lock-in models and focus only on delivering quality tools, which our customers will immediately notice in MyEclipse 6.0."
Pricing & Availability
MyEclipse 6.0 is available immediately via download. The Standard Edition annual subscription is priced at $29.95 USD and the Professional Edition annual subscription is priced at $49.95 USD. All subscriptions include unlimited access to Genuitec's world-class, direct-response online support.
Genuitec, LLC, is an Eclipse-based company offering innovative Java and J2EE development tools. Genuitec offers training and expert consulting and development services for the Eclipse SDK and Rich Client Platforms. An original sponsor of Easy Plug-In Central, Genuitec joined the Eclipse Foundation early in 2003 and currently has an employee serving as an elected member of the board of directors, actively participating in the strategy development and direction of the organization. Genuitec LLC was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Flower Mound, Texas.
Genuitec and MyEclipse are trademarks of Genuitec, LLC. All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies and should be treated as such. JRE, Java and all Java-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
# # #