Voxeo Prophecy has been a great solution for MGIS’s IVR needs-- simple to use, but also incredibly robust and complete. We are now able to answer customer questions immediately and give them exactly what they’re looking for. There’s a lot going on behind the scenes to make each call successful, but to the customer it just works.
New York, NY (PRWEB) August 24, 2007
Today at the SpeechTEK 2007 conference, Voxeo Corporation announced the general availability of Prophecy 8, the easy-to-install and openly downloadable platform for speech, VoIP and IVR systems. Prophecy 8 includes more than 20 new features designed to reduce the cost and complexity of voice application delivery, including Prophecy Designer, a rapid web-based voice application design tool, and Prophecy BusinessVoIP, a carrier-grade SIP VoIP connectivity or trunking solution developed specifically for Prophecy customers. With Prophecy 8 businesses can install a complete IVR platform, create a basic speech application, provision a phone number and connect to the phone network in just fifteen minutes. Prophecy comes with two free ports, or phone lines, and is available immediately at http://www.voxeo.com/prophecy.
Prophecy uses the power of web standards to make telephony applications as easy to create and deploy as web applications. Before Prophecy, most telephony application platforms were complex “cast iron” servers that pre-dated the open era of web deployment and integration. In stark contrast, Prophecy is built entirely on modern standards including VoiceXML, CCXML and SIP and is as easy to install as a piece of consumer software, avoiding expensive on-site vendor installation.
As a result of its simple yet powerful architecture, Prophecy has experienced an unprecedented rate of adoption. In the 18 months since its launch over 25,000 Prophecy ports have been installed at customer sites. Prophecy includes everything needed to create and deploy any IVR or VoIP application. Specifically, Prophecy 8 includes:
- Prophecy Designer: Designer gives anyone the ability to create a telephony application in minutes without writing a single line of code. Easy to use and completely web-based, Designer works like an interactive tutorial that walks users through simple steps to create any IVR or VoIP application. Users can choose to create touch-tone applications, speech-based applications, or both. Designer features steps to prompt users, gather choices, input information, integrate with web services, route based on data or time, and record or transfer calls. Designer users can also manage their applications with built-in reporting, transcription, and media management modules.
- Prophecy BusinessVoIP: BusinessVoIP is a high-quality SIP VoIP trunking service that seamlessly integrates with Prophecy. BusinesVoIP lets Prophecy users get phone numbers and make or take calls in just minutes via any Internet connection. BusinessVoIP is a mission-critical, carrier-grade SIP trunking solution built on the same intelligent, multi-carrier SIP infrastructure that Voxeo has used for its own hosted IVR services for nearly seven years. Prophecy also works openly with any other SIP device, platform or service and comes with a built-in SIP softphone.
- The world’s most proven and widely used Call Control XML (CCXML) implementation. CCXML is a W3C standard that is used to place, receive, transfer, connect, conference, record and analyze phone calls. CCXML can also be used to initiate VoiceXML sessions to interact with callers. Voxeo’s CCXML technology has been deployed by customers for over six years.
- The first and only VoiceXML browser to pass 100% of the VoiceXML forum compliance tests. VoiceXML is a W3C standard markup language that enables creation of voice-driven applications, and includes features to play audio or text-to-speech prompts, gather input via touch-tone keys, voice recognition or audio recordings, and submit results to standard web applications.
- A built-in JBoss web application server that supports PHP and Java applications. Prophecy also works with any web development language or server including Cold Fusion, Java, Microsoft .Net, PERL, PHP, Python, and Ruby, among others.
- Bundled U.S. English Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) and Text-to-Speech (TTS) engines. Prophecy also supports any speech engines that are MRCP compatible, including those from IBM, Nuance and Telisma, among others.
- Advanced features, such as outbound calling with intelligent call progress analysis, call recording, call conferencing and more.
- Proven scalability: Prophecy scales down to run on machines as small as a consumer notebook, while also scaling up to multi-server clusters supporting tens of thousands of concurrent calls. For example, Prophecy is used at the core of Evolution, Voxeo’s hosted IVR service, to support over 45,000 IVR ports.
MGIS, a leader in the healthcare insurance and benefits administration industry, began using Prophecy in 2006 to automate some of its customer calls. Leveraging their existing SIP-compatible VoIP PBX, MGIS deployed Prophecy 8 as a pure software solution with no need for telephony cards or separate SIP gateways. MGIS then developed their applications using Prophecy Designer’s easy-to-use graphical interface. The resulting MGIS system provides information including balances for flex spending accounts and document receipt confirmation.
John Parker, MGIS Network Administrator, says, “Voxeo Prophecy has been a great solution for MGIS’s IVR needs-- simple to use, but also incredibly robust and complete. We are now able to answer customer questions immediately and give them exactly what they’re looking for. There’s a lot going on behind the scenes to make each call successful, but to the customer it just works.”
Prophecy Designer and BusinessVoIP are available as part of Propehcy 8, launching today. For additional information and to get 2 ports of Prophecy for free please visit http://www.voxeo.com/prophecy.
Voxeo Corporation makes telephony applications as easy to deploy as web applications. Voxeo offers hosted VoIP and IVR services, premise VoIP and IVR systems, and maintains one of the most active voice application customer and developer portals in the world. With over $40 million invested in IP and XML technologies and infrastructure, Voxeo serves customers ranging from small startups to the Fortune 500 who value speed and simplicity where complexity once reigned. For more information visit http://www.voxeo.com or call +1 (407) 418-1800 in the US or +44 (0) 20 7887 6085 in the UK and Europe.
Megan Dyer Maxwell