Vancouver, Canada (PRWEB) August 23, 2007
The Stem Cell Partnering Series is pleased to announce that its inaugural meeting will take place October 25-26, 2007 at the University of California at San Diego Faculty Club on Torrey Pines Mesa in La Jolla, California.
Home to the Burnham Institute for Medical Research, the Scripps Research Institute, the Salk Institute for Biological Studies and the University of California at San Diego, as well as over five hundred leading life sciences and biotechnology companies, Torrey Pines Mesa is an international hub for stem cell science.
The Stem Cell Partnering Series is a not-for-profit organization that actively supports the development and sustainability of the emerging stem cell industry by fostering investor and business collaborations and career development in stem cell science. The Stem Cell Partnering Series' mandate is to address two key challenges currently facing the stem cell industry:
- The need for investment and strategic collaboration among stem cell industry stakeholders
- The immediate and future need to develop and recruit trained scientific personnel
"The Stem Cell Partnering Series is unique in that it highlights and addresses two, inter-related and important issues impacting the stem cell field: investment in stem cell companies and development of qualified personnel ," stated Norman Palmer, President and CEO of the Series.
The Stem Cell Partnering Series creates opportunities for stem cell stakeholders to actively collaborate through its annual business partnering meeting, Fostering Business Collaborations and its regional stem cell career meeting, Fostering Careers in Stem Cell Science. This year, these two meetings will be held jointly on October 25-26, 2007 at the University of California at San Diego Faculty Club.
The aim of the Fostering Stem Cell Business Collaborations meeting is to deliver:
- An opportunity for venture capital and private equity companies to engage promising stem cell companies in financing arrangements
- A forum for countries leading the development of the stem cell industry to communicate their mandates and promote their initiatives
- A platform for stem cell companies to discuss their technologies and seek partnerships
The aim of the Fostering Careers in Stem Cell Science meeting is to:
- Bring together prospective employers and employees for education, networking, employment and career development
The format of this meeting will allow attendees to participate in presentations (open and private) and networking activities for potential high-value results in strategic alliances, financing and career advancement.
Please visit The Stem Cell Partnering Series website, http://www.stemcellpartnering.org, for details about the meeting program, sponsorship and exhibiting, presentation, and registration information.