Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) August 27, 2007
Equator Software, the premiere provider of affordable math-assistance software for students and teachers, announced today the availability of its flagship product Equator. The intuitive program enables high school and college-level physics students to easily navigate mathematical problems with its integrated word processor-like math editor, drawing palette, searchable formula reference library, algebra generator and drag-and-drop calculator.
With Equator, students no longer have to juggle paper, pencils, erasers, calculators or search textbooks for standard physics formulas and constants - or try to remember how to do algebra. It records each step of students' work, along with figures and comments, collects all problems of an assignment into a single file and makes it easy to print homework-quality documents. Unlike expensive programs that include Mathematica and Maple that retail for hundreds of dollars, Equator is priced so that any student can easily afford to use it on their Macintosh or PC-based computers.
"Students taking introductory physics are frequently hampered by poor handwriting; distracted by the number of required tools or freeze due to anxiety about algebra." said Dr. Loren Platzman, chief executive officer and co-founder of Equator Software. "Most students are fully-capable of doing the work. Equator provides the 'training wheels,' enabling students and teachers to focus on physics concepts from the start. Instructors will like it because of the improved flow of learning, not to mention the legible printouts that show all of a student's work."
Dr Platzman, a serial entrepreneur and a former Georgia Tech professor, co-founded Equator Software to affordably provide physics students with the best set of tools to easily move beyond the challenges they face with math. Equator development was a multi-year effort, and has already been tested by both students and educators during extended "alpha" and "beta" testing periods.
Equator's Key Features
- Math Symbols - Students can format mathematical expressions without lifting their hands from the keyboard. For example, to type the letter pi, simply type "P - I - spacebar."
- Reference Library - When students need a standard equation or constant, one click pops up a dialog from which they can search Equator's extensive, built-in library. Another click, and the reference is inserted directly into their document.
- Algebra - Students will perform most algebra transformations using drag-and-drop. For example, to divide both sides of Area = πr2 by π, students double-click π to select it, then drag it to the opposite side of the equation.
- Converting Units - Students no longer have to look up conversion factors that clutter up their equations. To convert from one unit of measure to another, students can need only insert the unit conversion symbol → directly into an equation. For example, "TF = T → °F."
- Calculator - When an equation can be evaluated - unknown variable on the left-hand-side and known quantities on the right-hand-side - Equator will automatically invite students to calculate a solution with one click.
Pricing and Availability
Equator is available now via Web download for both MAC OSX and Windows computers. It can be used for free during a seven day trial period. The company offers a number of pricing options that include: $15.00 for a three-month student license, $40.00 for a nine-month student license, $139.95 for an unlimited personal-use license and $300.00 for a nine-month classroom license.
About Equator Software
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Equator Software is the premiere provider of affordable math-assistance software for students and teachers. Its flagship product Equator is an intuitive program that enables high school and college-level physics students to easily navigate complex algebra with its integrated word processor-like math editor, drawing palette, searchable formula reference library, algebra generator and drag-and-drop calculator. For more information visit the company's website at http://www.equatorsoftware.com.
Equator Software and the Equator logo are the property of Equator Software. Other names, service marks and trademarks are the property of their respective holders.