Manasquan, NJ (PRWEB) August 23, 2007
In the next Healthcare Intelligence Network Pursuing Perfect Care audio conference on September 19, 2007, HealthPartners Medical Group will describe how its prepared practice team concept is revamping patient care and being duplicated throughout the organization, earning it a place in the international Pursuing Perfection initiative.
By shifting from reactive, visit-by-visit care to a proactive, team-based, patient-centered model, HealthPartners Medical Group is building patient care continuity. It's not surprising that its prepared practice team approach, which has garnered them high marks in patients' preventative screening completion, clinical milestones for the chronically ill and patient engagement and satisfaction, is now a model for all other departments. For conference details, please visit http://www.hin.com/cgi-local/link/news/pl.cgi?preparedpracticepr.
- HealthPartners will chronicle the path to its "disease-neutral" prepared practice teams and share lessons learned and future enhancements during a 45-minute live audio conference from the Healthcare Intelligence Network (HIN) scheduled for September 19, 2007 at 1:30 p.m. Eastern. HealthPartners, which received a Pursuing Perfection grant in 2002, is one of 13 participants in the international Institute for Healthcare Improvement initiative backed by The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- Featured Speaker: Beth Waterman, vice president of primary care and clinic operations at HealthPartners, will describe the role of practice teams in her organization's effort to build patient care continuity.
- Conference Highlights: Practice team basics -- organizing, training and skill set requirements; developing a "disease-neutral" approach; re-designing the office work-flow; engaging both patients and providers in practice teams; program results and lessons learned; and planned enhancements to the HealthPartners Prepared Practice Teams.
- Target Audience: CEOs, CFOs, chief medical officers, chief nursing officers, medical directors, quality improvement executives, performance improvement executives, disease management directors, managers and coordinators, health plan executives, care management nurses, strategic planning directors and practice managers.
- Audio Conference Formats: 45-minute live audio conference on September 19, 2007 includes a 15-minute Q&A; "On-Demand" rebroadcast available September 21, 2007; 45-minute recording on CD-ROM with printed transcript available October 10, 2007. For conference details, please visit http://www.hin.com/cgi-local/link/news/pl.cgi?preparedpracticepr
QUOTES ATTRIBUTABLE TO MELANIE MATTHEWS, HIN EXECUTIVE VP AND COO:
"In our continuing look at Pursuing Perfection in Healthcare initiatives, we see that a team-based approach with the patient at the core can significantly elevate care quality and outcomes. The ambitious goals and success of HealthPartners' prepared practice teams, and its organization-wide adoption, are added proof that this approach works."
Please contact Patricia Donovan to arrange an interview or to obtain additional quotes.
About the Healthcare Intelligence Network - HIN is the premier advisory service for executives seeking high-quality strategic information on the business of healthcare. For more information, contact the Healthcare Intelligence Network, PO Box 1442, Wall Township, NJ 07719-1442, (888) 446-3530, fax (732) 292-3073, or visit http://www.hin.com.